Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Flippin wallpaper problem (not the house)

Search this Thread

Old 22 August 2002, 12:26 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
A few monthes ago when Big Brother was on, somebody posted a pic up of Jade in the middle of a carlsberg ad.
"If Carlsbeg made ugly bints, they'd probably make the uglyest bints in the world" - or something to that effect.
At the time i thought it was funny, so i set it as my wall paper. As with most things, i got bored, and replaced it with pic of a Shelby. However evey time i start my pc Jade appears for a few seconds before the shelby appears. And at shutting down the shelby is replaced with Jade and the pc then turns off. The said picture has even been deleted from my system to no avail.
I know this is just a small thing, but it is really starting to get on my c**k end. Can anyone help?
Old 22 August 2002, 12:39 PM
TomM
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Search for a file called logo.sys, change the extension to .bmp/.jpg and open it, it should be the file you want to get rid of.

It replaces what would be a Windows logo.

Cheers,

Tom.
Old 22 August 2002, 12:54 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

I still get Jade. I also still get the "windows is shutting down" screen as well as the "it is now safe to turn your computer off" screen.
Old 22 August 2002, 12:58 PM
HHxx
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Brun, try setting the wall paper and pattern to none, reboot and see if it is still there.

I think I know what you mean, but haven't seen it for a long while now. I shows a previous wallpaper/pattern briefly the changes as windows is finishing loading.
Old 22 August 2002, 01:17 PM
Andrewza
Scooby Regular

Basically what you've done is set a jpg as your desktop, which turns on active desktop, but for a few seconds while windows is loading active desktop and the picture on it is not on. So just before active desktop loads you see the normal desktop and any bitmap that was set to be your desktop before you selected a jpg.

If you want the jpg to be your desktop simplest method is to open in IE, right click on it and lcick set as background, this will create a bitmap and set it as your background, irradicating jade (in all her 'glory').

You can see the problem if you turn off active desktop and ignore the warnings about your current backgroud, because then it will revert to the bitmap and jade will appear.
Old 22 August 2002, 05:53 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Cheers for that m8's, the fat cow is no more.