Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

efax.com

Search this Thread

Old 08 July 2002, 03:07 PM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I've used eFax for about 3 years now (maybe longer). It's superb - especially for the price (free!).

Basically, they allocate you a number (e.g., mine's 0870 130 8072 - send me a fax and I'll post it up here so you can see) and any faxes that get sent to it are converted into a proprietrary format, and emailed to you. You can then save or print them. They also have an OCR service, but that costs so I've never used it.

I believe the number is a national rate number, which is how they make their money. Can't fault it, personally.

Re: your questions:

1. I've never received a spam fax from the service.
2. I've never knowingly lost a fax that's been sent to that number.
3. The turnaround time from the fax being received to the email arriving is a couple of minutes, max.

Oh, and you will get the odd email from eFax, with promotional stuff - but I figure it's a small price to pay.

[Edited by MarkO - 8/7/2002 3:09:52 PM]
Old 07 August 2002, 02:58 PM
ian/555
Scooby Regular

Question

I have been looking at getting a fax machine for some time now, when I saw someone mention efax.com in another post. It seems like the ideal solution as I will not have to purchase a fax machine, extra paper, ink cartridges and have a seperate phone line installed along with the rental charges etc.

Please can someone who uses this service, answer some questins for me.
Do they lose faxes?
Will it cut out spam faxes?
What turn around speed is there from someone sending the fax and you recieving it?
It seems to good to be true! Will it do what it says on the tin?

Cheers ian
Old 07 August 2002, 03:22 PM
ian/555
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Marko many thanks, I would send you a fax but guess what! I dont have a fax machine hence me thinking of using the service.

cheers ian
Old 07 August 2002, 04:08 PM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

You've got a modem, don't you? I send all my faxes using my modem, and only use eFax to receive them.