Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

"PIPEX" the saga continues......

Search this Thread

Old 02 July 2002, 09:40 AM
Luke
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They say they dont receive stuff when you send it recorded delivery....... (Possible) but they still cash the cheques????????? enclosed!!!!! Over 4 weeks and no reply to a major email complaint sent to them about this. You are lucky if you can get through on the phones.. Maybe a day or two!!!!!! This is the year 2002!!! not 1673

They are a total mess............. Would not reccomend them at the moment. They are not capable of running a "Customer support/technical support"dept.
Old 02 July 2002, 10:57 AM
BL
Scooby Regular

I was supposed to be switched over to ADSL through them on 26/6/02. Guess what?? No reply!! looked on their tracking & they blame it on BT for not doing the line test. Now another week in still cannot get hold of them. I email then & they dont reply!! What sort of service is this??
Old 02 July 2002, 10:59 AM
Crispin
Scooby Regular

When I subscribed about 3 months ago - it was just before the rush I think, I got through on support every time, never on hold, the install took about a week, everything was great, now that they've been flooded with orders they can't cope - took me 2 days a couple weeks ago to get a password reset - nightmare....they need to scale up their operation big time!
Old 02 July 2002, 11:46 AM
Luke
BANNED

Believe me... Having visited them... THEY ARE IN A MESS

If you are going to work for them. They need you more than you need them..so when it comes to talking money!!! tell them.
Old 02 July 2002, 11:54 AM
gregh
Scooby Regular

I've had no issues with them until last night when their server lost all my email, including a parcel tracking number I need

Greg
Old 02 July 2002, 12:51 PM
Luke
BANNED

Greg........... Good luck!!!! What a mess..
Old 02 July 2002, 02:00 PM
Rich D
Scooby Regular

Well, they were superb before the "rush" of ADSL subscribers hit them and they are just overwhelmed at the moment.

When I joined them (pre price drop) their service and support was very good and I was connected in only 8 days, which was very fast and before they had expected it to be connected. Same story with some of my friends who also signed up.

Not had any problems since and been very happy with the ADSL service.

Give them time and I'm sure they'll get it sorted.

Old 02 July 2002, 06:08 PM
Luke
BANNED

Richd

\fair point..to a point!! They knew they where going to get a major problem.. And yet they started a huge promotion and are letting their new customers down. If it was my company I would be very ashamed and would sack who ever was in charge of Customer care/support.
Old 02 July 2002, 10:36 PM
Mark Jackson
Scooby Regular

Ive sent them an email to cancel, guess what no response, Ill just cancel the direct debit and cut my losses, useless B4stards IMHO

Anyone else thinking about it DONT SUBSCRIBE TO PIPEX !
Old 03 July 2002, 01:26 AM
jayz
Scooby Regular

Who would you go for if not Pipex,Im about to move,I have Bt adsl,asked bt if ok to transfer to new number but they wont have it,they want me 9 months up front that i have,nt finished and then to subscibe again,I dont think so somehow!!!!,so im gonna change,Any recomendations apart from pipex & bt,Cheers Jayz.
Old 03 July 2002, 03:34 PM
Luke
BANNED

ttt