Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

pipex cutting off

Search this Thread

Old 27 June 2002, 03:59 PM
real_welshboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I have just connected to pipex and god am I not happy!!!
Having moved and unable to receive NTL cable anymore by transfer speeds have dropped from 80m/s to 21m/s with pipex, that is when I can actually stay online long enough to be able to download. I get constantly cut off and have to reconnect, only to be disconnected again and again, I thought their web page stated no more dropped internet calls!! yeah right, anyone else had this problem as I cannot get through to support or customer service and no emails have been replied to!
Old 27 June 2002, 04:16 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Red face

Sorry to hear of your problems Welsh - no probs here:

DW
Old 27 June 2002, 04:19 PM
AndiThompson
Scooby Regular

Ditto DW, sorry to hear that, I'm very happy with mine. A few people have said that it might be an idea to ring the sales line (you get a quick reponse there for some reason ) and ask them to put you through to support.
Old 27 June 2002, 06:03 PM
gregh
Scooby Regular

you got splitters on all your lines?
Old 27 June 2002, 07:37 PM
Luke
BANNED

Have you read my "pipex" post?????? They are realy in the poo..... But I believe will get there in the end. Good luck on the phone..........................!
Old 27 June 2002, 09:34 PM
real_welshboy
Scooby Regular

My pc is run off an extention from the socket downstairs, no phone lines are coming off it until it is upstairs and the line comes off the filter, it has just dissconected as we speak, any other ideas, I am going insane here. should the filter be nearer the socket in the wall or should it not matter? problem with the exchange maybe? please help
Old 28 June 2002, 07:55 AM
mccltd
Scooby Regular

are you sure the VCI is set to 38 and the VPI is set to 0.
I had these sort of problems and found my VCI was set to 35, changed it to 38 and it now works fine.
Dont know what they do thou.

Trending Topics

Old 28 June 2002, 08:53 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Welsh - the filter needs to be on the socket, then the extension can run from the filter upstairs - also make sure you have 0,38 set as mentioned.

Luke - I hardly think Pipex are "Really in the poo", they just have more tech calls than they do staff. By the way you talk of them it sounds like they will go bust by the end of the week. All the extra calls are because of the sheer number of new applications cos they offer the best deal.

Welsh - try over at Adslguide.org, then visit the Pipex technical forum. David, the Pipex MD is always on there as well as Lee - top tech support guy. Also they have lots of solutions to problems. You should also make sure all your settings are correct - download DRTCP.exe and run it - it will tell you what to set your receive window etc at

DW
Old 28 June 2002, 08:56 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Just thought - you have the extension running upstairs, so presumably you have a phone for use upstairs?

In that case you would need a splitter on the downstairs extension. From this you would have the donstairs phone and extension cable. Then upstairs you would need another splitter - one for upstairs phone and then into ADSL modem.

Not wanting to teach you to suck eggs, but I think this is the required connection for your system

DW
Old 28 June 2002, 09:11 AM
Luke
BANNED

Dream Weaver.. I visited their new Headquaters this week. The Directors should be shot. They had 14 techs to answer the phones.Some of them could not cope. I spoke to one having a break and she told me the training was rushed to get them on the phones,so even if you do get through .They arr not all up to speed with things.
How did Pipex not get the support staff ready in time for a major promotion????? They screwed up big time and we are paying for it. All new Pipex account holders should demand a couple of free months!!

Thay could afford a Fancy headquaters but not extra staff.... VERY POOR.
Old 28 June 2002, 02:29 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Fair point Luke

Most directors should be shot in my experience

DW
Old 28 June 2002, 04:10 PM
real_welshboy
Scooby Regular

I unplug the downstairs phone completely and just use the extention to reach my pc as the filter dsl lead is only 2 metres long therefor cannot reach, I have even uplugged all phones and only used the dsl cable, try the 0,38 thing tonight. ta
Old 29 June 2002, 09:46 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

I have pipex here at home and support many other home workers (or should that be wa~~kers) from our place on pipex. Dont really have much of a prob. Get the occasional disconnect but thats it.