Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

anybody using hive outdoor cameras?

Search this Thread

Old 27 December 2019, 08:56 AM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts
Default anybody using hive outdoor cameras?

as above, im looking at going all out with the hive stuff whilst they have a sale on and was wondering on the picture quality of the outdoor cameras.

cheers
Old 30 December 2019, 07:31 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I run a couple of Ring doorbells (1 & 2) and the picture quality is and has been perfectly good. They are slightly fisheye but I recently used one (the 2) to check progress during the day of some builders we had doing the front. Nothing to complain about, I could see everything clearly that was in view. I'm sure the security cams won't be fisheye as they have a reduced field of view at 140 deg, instead of 160 deg.

Cameras are 1080HD so should be good quality. I'm waiting for the little internal one to come out.
Old 08 January 2020, 03:33 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For what its worth, I've got the ring floodlight camera(and a doorbell 2), the floodlight cam it is full HD and I find it very good indeed, very clear sharp display, and the night vision is also good.
The flood light cam is definitely not a fish eye view, nice bright lighting, two way communication and the ability to trigger the siren also.