Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Google Factory Reset Lock (FRP)

Old 06 April 2018, 01:22 AM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Google Factory Reset Lock (FRP)

So i got a new s9+ recently and sold my s7edge running Android 7/Nougat. I did a factory reset, boxed it up, sold and delivered the s7edge to the new owner.

Slightly embarrassing, but unfortunately i was not aware of the Google FRP lock functionality in place, i didn't even know it was a thing until i googled about it today, so now the new user can't get past the setup screens as it asks for my Google login a/c details lul.

Is there any way i can reset this from my side in my Google account options. Or is my only option to ask the buyer to send the phone back to me so that I can get it past that Google login step?
Old 06 April 2018, 10:11 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm pretty sure you can't. Only option is to have them on the phone, give them the password then change it immediately.
Old 06 April 2018, 11:39 AM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yea that's what i thought. I aint doing that lol I don't know who they are, that would be very risky to say the least. I'll get them to send the phone back to me, so I can reset it properly.

Stupid security