Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

my cat has made my pc icons invisible!

Search this Thread

Old 15 November 2016, 10:28 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my cat has made my pc icons invisible!

Good morning, IT brains of Scoobynet.

I have an issue concerning my laptop.

My cat walked all over my keyboard and put all the icon in 'My PC' under the desktop folder. Perhaps that arrangement already existed, so in that case, the fatty catty Rubix has basically made all the icons invisible from my laptop's actual desktop.

I thought he had deleted the lot permanently, but I was pleased to see them under 'My PC' under the desktop in there, phew! I can access all my stuff, but I want it back on my actual desktop.

I don't like to see my screen empty and go inside 'My PC' to look for my material. Also, if I generate new folder or a Word page, it also gets stored in 'My PC' under the desktop there, not on the actual 'screen' desktop. I don't like it. My laptop's desktop looks haunted! I'm not liking it at all. How do I get them back on the desktop? I've already tried dragging and dropping, but it won't let me.

I do apologise for my ignorance, but I am not IT literate.

One more thing, my gut tells me that it's just a matter of clicking on something relevant and helpful, so please, I will be grateful if you could keep it simple for me.

I've Googled the trouble-shoot on this cat-caused issue. I'm getting no proper answer there.

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited by Turbohot; 15 November 2016 at 11:50 AM.
Old 15 November 2016, 10:45 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Auto-arrange maybe

Right-click on the desktop
Click on the View submenu
Choose "Auto arrange icons" on the menu
Old 15 November 2016, 11:12 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Jack, thank you!

I've just clicked on 'View' and 'show all icons on Desktop. I can now see all my icons on the screen desktop, but they all look bloody massive! What do I do to shrink them to their normal sizes?
Old 15 November 2016, 11:17 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Oh, I've sorted it! I clicked in 'View' again, and this time, it gave me the option to see my icons into either large, medium or small. I opted for medium size, and it's all back to normal!

Honestly, I felt like an orphan with seeing my desktop all bare!

Many thanks, Jack.
Old 15 November 2016, 03:37 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts