Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Samsung Ditched by Virgin

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2015, 12:38 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Samsung Ditched by Virgin

So i myself have never been a Samsung fan, however my Microwave has done ok LOL, failing that don't actually like the company much.

Worked with them on an account for Royal Mail with an order for over 2000 Tvs commercial grade for the annoying advert Tvs you see in the POs, after working with them for months i slowly surely got the feeling there products were shabby not very well built and pretty woeful, i eventually moved onto a mobility deal Samsung were the only company that would not send samples out Nokia etc all wiling and able, i also found the S4 to be flimsy light and pretty damn pants...

Anyway as some of you know i like Photography Samsung yet again release the NX500 and NX1 the NX1 was 2k and the first APSC 28meg camera, got very good reviews but i was yet again sceptical. well guess what after 12months Samsung have pulled the plug on it, rumour has it that Nikon have bought the sensor tech, but its all speculation but if i had spent 2 k on a camera to find its no longer made id be livid.

Then we have Virgin, i had my V+ box swapped out to some new Samsung unit nothing but issues picture popping no picture etc, after 2 box swaps i eventually went for another Tivo unit, guy came today and i now find out Virgin has kicked Samsung out and everyone will get Tivo in time, cisco kit

Just my narrow view but bag of ****e i tell you, TVs aside i wouldn't buy anything from them, bar my Microwave, the bulb went in 4 weeks and u cant change it...
Old 10 December 2015, 12:41 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

ours is about 4 years old now, not used that much cos its the second box, but its been fine for us
Old 10 December 2015, 12:43 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Just had a new super hub from virgin. Like the last one, it's branded Netgear.
Old 10 December 2015, 01:24 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

The Tivos are made under licence anyway so they are just making it to someone else's spec. Bit like ARM and Apple do when it comes to production.

Our old Sammy Combi microwave is still fairing well, despite the flimsy feeling rotary controls. And it looks like it'll last longer than the Misubushi "tank" combi microwave it replaced when the touch pad failed (track broke on the start button; typically and nobody would supply parts as "microwaves are dangerous" , its not like i'm going to hack it apart and make musical Tesla coils with it - I just wanted a keypad ).

But what nailed it for me with Samsung was buying a monitor based on reviews...saying it was the dog's danglies. Only to find it was below par at best (for white purity/colour balance ), then finding out that my panel isn't a Samsung, but one made by CMO...the reviewers were given monitors with Samsung made panels...the opublic were mostly sold monitors using somebody else's panel - and picture quality suffered as a result. So they can have my £300 but they won't have a single penny more after that.

Last edited by ALi-B; 10 December 2015 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10 December 2015, 01:47 PM
Reef
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Careful what you say about Samsung...

http://www.samsungtechwin.com/produc...t_05_01_01.asp

http://www.samsungtechwin.com/product/product_01_02.asp
Old 10 December 2015, 02:12 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

stood near 1 of the K9s massive..

Yeah he did mention today that there about to release or have done the superhub 3 i have the 2 which is indeed netgear.
Old 15 December 2015, 06:38 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by alcazar
Just had a new super hub from virgin. Like the last one, it's branded Netgear.
What colour is it?