Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Deleting emails

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2015, 01:38 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deleting emails

Despite using a selection of filters I still get a lot of unwanted mails. I used to be able to scroll down the list and use CTRL key to highlight them and delete them all quickly. Or use SHIFT if they are all together.

But now as soon as I hit the CTRL button the message opens and I have to delete it using delete key and then return to message list. This takes for ever if I have a lot to do.

So how can I stop this happening please?

David

(Thunderbird btw)
Old 28 November 2015, 05:33 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Strange, CTRL and/or shift with delete works fine in my tbird with multiple messages, just like it does in Windows Explorer, have you updated tbird?

It might be because you have a corrupt trash folder or in the folder you are trying to delete mails in.

Try moving the mails to another folder and see if you can do a multiple delete from there.

If you can then Compact the "bad" folder (right click the folder) after it's empty and retry.

Failing that reinstall tbird?
Old 28 November 2015, 05:39 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Or as a wild guess are your mouse single clicks being interpreted as a double clicks? So when you click CTRL and click another message it thinks you are trying to open a message?

That could be due to a failing mouse button or low on power if it's wireless using batteries.