Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Wacom Tablets

Search this Thread

Old 22 July 2015, 09:30 AM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Wacom Tablets

I'm after a Tablet pen type affair for my IMAC, and have been looking at Wacom stuff.

Im wanting to use it for Doodling Note taking and freehand.

Wacom do the small pen one but I'm leaning towards Intros range, however being the 5K retina, i feel the small may be too little.

Anybody used these how good are they ?

Thanks
Old 22 July 2015, 11:06 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Ordered a Wacom pro small, could have done with medium but will take,up too much space and I won't use it massively..

Ill report back what it's like
Old 25 July 2015, 12:53 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

I'm using Wacom Bamboo Intuos which I mostly using for ZBrush plus few other 3D apps and Photshop where is pretty handy there

To the date as I've been using Wacom no problems which I can report,I'm using Wacom tablet too on Yosemite on my PC which dual boot with W7 on one SSD and Yosemite on second SSD,really depends which will suits you as I've been using this,but thinking to upgrade later this year as this one is bit small for me,I would rather prefer one which is bigger one

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura
Old 25 July 2015, 08:58 AM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Thanks Jura I bought the Wacom Intuos pro small. Very neat I wanted the medium but just too big for desk, small works fine on retina Mac, i was concerned because res is 5000 dpi it may be daft but it adapts very well.

Takes some getting used to but already I can see the benefit in Photoshop and love it for taking notes...

Thanks for reply buddy

Ted
Old 25 July 2015, 02:54 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Littleted
Thanks Jura I bought the Wacom Intuos pro small. Very neat I wanted the medium but just too big for desk, small works fine on retina Mac, i was concerned because res is 5000 dpi it may be daft but it adapts very well.

Takes some getting used to but already I can see the benefit in Photoshop and love it for taking notes...

Thanks for reply buddy

Ted
Hi Ted

If you have installed Wacom SW then please have look on Wacom Tablet Properties where you can modify keys,pen pressure and map the keys for several applications

For PS this tablet works perfectly if you layering and adding effects or if you want get yours pictures personal feel

Notes I'm doing too,but still mostly I'm using this in ZBrush or Manga Studio,3DS MAX and few other apps where I've only benefited

Thanks,Jura
Old 27 July 2015, 10:04 AM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

yeah was messing with pressure the other day, great how it actually acts like a pencil harder i push more editing happens. Loving it...