Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

S6-S6 edge

Search this Thread

Old 19 June 2015, 08:54 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S6-S6 edge

Right absolutely ******* sick of the iPhone 6.
Options on the s6 and s6 edge.....any better of just paying for the screen on the edge.

Never owned a android phone so all new to me , had iPhones throughout and should of stuck with the 5 .

Anything else as good? , all I've done is google latest Samsung and its come up with those two .
Don't want the usual keep the 6 , reset it etc......sick of it dropping reception and constantly flicking airplane mode on and off . I need a phone 24/7 so it's pissing me off now.
S6
S6 edge
Any wild card that can be thrown in and I'll have a quick look on google
Old 19 June 2015, 09:42 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Have you taken a look at Sony's z3?
Old 19 June 2015, 10:13 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tarmac terror
Have you taken a look at Sony's z3?
No but will , do you have one and how do you rate it
I only looked at the Samsung as I got my missis one today as she's bust the screen on her iPhone 5 (I've only bought her a £100 S4)
I've a iPhone 4 with a spider crack , a 5 that's got a completely shattered front screen , a 5c that my daughter dropped down the bog....and a 6 that decides to give me reception when it feels like it

Fecking apple......iPad will crash and freeze now
Old 19 June 2015, 10:24 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

My brother has the S6 and it's a pretty awesome phone.
Old 20 June 2015, 04:50 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It's android so you'll be sick of it in 3 months. I tried with the Sony and loved it for two weeks then I realised how good apples stuff was....

If you HAVE to go android then Sony z3 batt is immense mine lasts 3 or 4 days.

As for your iPhone issues my six has been fine, sure it's something you got installed on all of them? Not sure why your flight modes coming on... Very weird...
Old 20 June 2015, 05:24 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Take a look at the Note 4 whilst comparing models.
Old 20 June 2015, 05:28 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I've just done loads of research, including reading many reviews, both professional and amateur.

I've ended up with an Xperia Z3 mini, (the mini bit is because I don't like phablet sized phones.)

So far, so good. Had one trying hour where I could NOT find the Sony Walkman app...only to research and find Sony changed it to a Music app

Trending Topics

Old 20 June 2015, 06:04 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Apart from the looks of the phones I don't think there is anything in them hardware wise? Once you stick a case on them they all look the same. You can get the s6 for about £430 new so just buy that and sell yours or offer someone a deal.

Android phones are good as I have had a few as well as a few iphones and each have there pluses and minuses.

If I were you I would just sell your iphone off now while it will still command a good price and use a cheap phone you have lying around the house and wait and see what the next iphone will be like in a couple of months time.

I was tempted to buy the s6 but the lack of sd card put me off it so I just bought a note 4 but its huge say iphone 6 plus huge but its as good as the s6 just cheaper
Old 20 June 2015, 08:49 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Littleted
It's android so you'll be sick of it in 3 months. I tried with the Sony and loved it for two weeks then I realised how good apples stuff was....

If you HAVE to go android then Sony z3 batt is immense mine lasts 3 or 4 days.

As for your iPhone issues my six has been fine, sure it's something you got installed on all of them? Not sure why your flight modes coming on... Very weird...
Sorry should have worded it better.... I keep having to switch the flight mode on and off to find a signal, I might get a new screen put on the mrs iPhone 5 and use that til I spy something new
Old 20 June 2015, 11:49 PM
Sisti
Scooby Newbie

I recently went to a samsung galaxy s6 from an iphone 5 as i fancied a change and the phone itself it fantastic, great variety of apps and gadgets on it. Only thing that lets it down is the battery life, it will last 24hours on average use but if your using it for games, sat nav, tv etc then you will need to charge it through out the day.
Old 21 June 2015, 11:05 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

If you were going from an iPhone 5 to an up to date Android phone then fair play, the performance bump will be noticeable and you'll enjoy the new stuff for a while. But going from the latest iPhone to the latest Android will be disappointing, especially if you think it will make your network better. If you get the Samsung the disappointment will be instant, you won't get over the fact that it looks so similar before the device stops getting updates, if it ever gets another. Still, change is as good as a break and it's your money. EE, O2 and I'm sure others offer wifi calling for problem areas.
Old 21 June 2015, 11:23 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Sisti
I recently went to a samsung galaxy s6 from an iphone 5 as i fancied a change and the phone itself it fantastic, great variety of apps and gadgets on it. Only thing that lets it down is the battery life, it will last 24hours on average use but if your using it for games, sat nav, tv etc then you will need to charge it through out the day.
This would happen with every phone in the universe !
Old 21 June 2015, 12:40 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JackClark
If you were going from an iPhone 5 to an up to date Android phone then fair play, the performance bump will be noticeable and you'll enjoy the new stuff for a while. But going from the latest iPhone to the latest Android will be disappointing, especially if you think it will make your network better. If you get the Samsung the disappointment will be instant, you won't get over the fact that it looks so similar before the device stops getting updates, if it ever gets another. Still, change is as good as a break and it's your money. EE, O2 and I'm sure others offer wifi calling for problem areas.
Tbh jack I'm not sure if it's the phone or voda , I buy all phones sim free but run my sim through voda.
Never had any problems with the 5 it's only since buying a 6.
End of the day if it still happens I'll put the Samsung on eBay and chuck my toys out of my pram in the voda shop.
I have nothing against Apple products as they are what I'm used to , I just think I have a bad 6?
Old 21 June 2015, 01:07 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

It's possible but not likely. It's not a bad time to own either so selling one or both won't be hard, it may well turn out that every phone but the 6 is better in your particular area, if you do try and it's the same or worse you could return the phone.
Old 21 June 2015, 01:42 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got the iPhone 6+ and I am loving it. It's a bit embarrassing the amount of time I spend using it but the screen and size makes it just too easy to browse and use. I used to be on vodafone years ago and I found it shockingly bad. Last year I was on Orange/EE on my iPhone 5 and the signal was OK (better than vodafone anyway) but since switching to EE 4G, my iPhone 6+ signal has been great. Previously in areas where I know that I would get no signal, I now am and also with the added bonus of either 3G 4G connection.

Last edited by LSherratt; 21 June 2015 at 01:43 PM.
Old 21 June 2015, 03:37 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by donny andi
Tbh jack I'm not sure if it's the phone or voda , ?

It's Vodafone for sure as there network coverage is shocking, I lucking only had a 12 month contract with them and couldn't wait till it was over. You can't use all of your allowance as you can never get a signal for phone or web.

Get your phone unlocked and try another network sim in it for a day and see what it's like as it will be cheaper than buying a new phone and having the same issue.
Old 21 June 2015, 05:18 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

100% voda and not the phone on a good note
On a bad note I have a £500 s6 edge that's not for me charging up as I type this on the 6

Anyone want to buy a nice new shiny s6 edge
Old 21 June 2015, 05:24 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Aye, do some searches on Vodaphone..they do NOT have a good rep.

And I thought O2 and Virgin were gits.........
Old 21 June 2015, 06:35 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

All as bad as each other ,I suspect
Old 21 June 2015, 07:10 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

100% voda and not the phone on a good note
On a bad note I have a £500 s6 edge that's not for me charging up as I type this on the 6

Anyone want to buy a nice new shiny s6 edge

Wiley has a 128gb iphone 6 plus he will swap for a samsung edge phone. Its in non scooby related sales now. Sell your iphone and keep the plus joib done
Old 21 June 2015, 07:33 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevebt
Wiley has a 128gb iphone 6 plus he will swap for a samsung edge phone. Its in non scooby related sales now. Sell your iphone and keep the plus joib done
Can't post in there anymore....if someone wants to give him a nudge
S6 edge , 64gb , gold platinum...back sticker is still on phone but I've taken front one off

Looks like I can!, post left on thread

Last edited by donny andi; 21 June 2015 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Cos I is a fik fcuker
Old 29 June 2015, 08:04 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

why does a lack of signal but the phone in airplane mode?
Old 29 June 2015, 10:08 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Considering Jack only ever has iPhones how would he know? Lol

All seriousness there is little to choose from between the latest gen phones performance wise, biggest difference is operating system.

I'm looking as well due to my contract running out in a few weeks and leaning to s6, given the price jump for s6 edge I don't think it's worth it.
Old 29 June 2015, 03:28 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Not true. Right now I don't have anything but iPhones but I've had Androids too, boxes and phones. They're ****.
Old 29 June 2015, 03:32 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Not true. Right now I don't have anything but iPhones but I've had Androids too, boxes and phones. They're ****.
O so how long did you have the S6 for?

or are you comparing older models with the new godly iphone? no wodner you think crapple products are soo good
Old 29 June 2015, 04:54 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Bought the s6 edge but have done a deal with Wiley with the iPhone 6plus.
Samsung not for me....I'll report on the 6+ once I receive it
Old 29 June 2015, 04:55 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
why does a lack of signal but the phone in airplane mode?
Signal just drops.

I....me....have to keep turning plane mode on and off to re search for a signal
Old 29 June 2015, 05:54 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Tidgy
O so how long did you have the S6 for?

or are you comparing older models with the new godly iphone? no wodner you think crapple products are soo good
I don't have S6 but I have had the latest and the latest iPhone at the same time, the Android is a terrible, settings for settings, apparently the next update makes it a bit more like iOS.
Old 30 June 2015, 06:45 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Signal just drops.

I....me....have to keep turning plane mode on and off to re search for a signal
ah, so Vodaphone isn't the say to go then .. considering how huge a company they are that's disappointing.
Old 30 June 2015, 07:49 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

I don't have S6 but I have had the latest and the latest iPhone at the same time, the Android is a terrible, settings for settings, apparently the next update makes it a bit more like iOS.
then how can you compare?

your just blinding following the bible of apple,,,,,,

Quick Reply: S6-S6 edge