Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Anyone looking forward to E3?

Search this Thread

Old 12 June 2015, 01:18 PM
New_scooby_04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone looking forward to E3?

I'm hoping that this show will give me a compelling reason to buy into the new generation of consoles. I have to say that I've found the games available for them exclusively thus far rather underwhelming. Whilst one might expect limited support in the first 6 months or even a year into their life cycle, we're now into a year and a half!

What games are you most looking forward to?

Hitman 6 for me!
Old 12 June 2015, 03:04 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ps4 for me mate I'm not a massive console fan but I am a gamer and at 44 I've had them all.

The xbone sits dusty in my house, I always buy games for the ps4 due to xbone sometimes has bad reviews struggle with frame rates and stuff..but before the xbone fanboys get into this thread, my view is buy whichever unit your mates have and enjoy it, overall both are very good, but I feel the Ps4 has the edge in power and support.

My preferred driving game is gran turismo so ps4 again, final fantasy up until the last one was PS3 or ps4 only.

As for E3 I'm looking forward to GT7 the new final fantasy, the new metal gear solid. And I'd actually like a new splinter cell....

The VR headsets look cool especially in EVE online... My next purchase will be a ps4 slim..when it arrives
Old 13 June 2015, 04:04 PM
New_scooby_04

Speaking as an Xbox 360 owner I think there is little doubt that the PS4 has the better hardware in some respects than the Xbox one, but whether these differences will actually translate into better games, well, only time will tell. Initial indications suggest the PS4 is happier running games in full HD at 60fps. I reckon much of the decision will boil down to which has the exclusives that you really like and, as you say, which one your mates have now that on-line gaming is so accessible.

Loving the Shadow of the Beast remake on the PS4 ....Retro geek heaven!

Rumor has it that the new splinter cell has been sent back to the drawing boards for a new gen only release! Love that series of game.

Inside (from the makers of Limbo) looks great! Will be interested to see any news on the usual suspects: latest Halo, Gears of War ...... finding it quite hard to get excited by call of Duty these days

Star Wards Battlefront looks promising!
Old 13 June 2015, 04:09 PM
DanGlennon
Scooby Regular

E3, that brings back a lot of good memories as a kid. Haven't owned a console in years, had an Xbox 360 for a short while but soon got bored. Would have to be something special to buy into it again.
Old 13 June 2015, 11:13 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

Personally I'm looking forward on this:

Fallout 4

Last Guardian PS4(this game has been postponed several times,but hopefully will be completed,played few games from Team ICO like ICO,Shadow of Colossus)

Quantic Dreams project

Gran Turismo 7 or Gran Turismo Sports

Oculus Rift I would hope thy will finally says when will be released(I've tested Oculus Rift DK2 and really I like it,but for long period of time its not the best)

Finally I'm looking forward to AMD Fury series as this GPU will be first with HBM memory

There few more thing on what I'm looking,but those above are my favorites on which I'm looking mostly

Thanks,Jura
Old 14 June 2015, 08:15 AM
fawor
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fallout 4
MGS 5
On pc only, hate pads and quick time events on consoles.
And can play on 4k
Old 16 June 2015, 11:56 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

I've just read that XBONE is going to be made backwards compatible with 360 games as they have found a way to do it. Now they have my attention however I want to see it working first.

Trending Topics

Old 16 June 2015, 11:59 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

I'll just leave this here

Old 16 June 2015, 12:01 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

And this

Blimey, I may have to get a new console.
Old 16 June 2015, 03:32 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Looking forward to Fallout 4.

Star Wars Battlefront looks great (and more than just a BF4 reskin)

There are a few mentions of a Transformers game based in the G1 world which might be good if it actually see the light of day.

I don't have a console but am waiting for the Steam Link to come out and some reviews before buying.
Old 16 June 2015, 04:45 PM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Sony have announced some nice sequels but Microsoft seem to (finally) be getting their act together. The new controller, backwards compatibility (a year late, I've given away all my 360 games now..), partnership with Oculus, Windows 10 streaming etc I think they could steal a march on Sony this coming year.
Old 16 June 2015, 10:31 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

I'm looking forward to

Forza
MGS
fallout
And of course uncharted 4.
Old 16 June 2015, 10:37 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Man that looks good
Old 17 June 2015, 12:27 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/video-gami...15+at+GameSeek

Ive got loads in that list i want.... Just Cause 3 looks awsome
Old 17 June 2015, 12:48 PM
theboy
Scooby Regular

Star Wars battlefront. Now thats got my attention
Old 17 June 2015, 12:57 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

yeah mine too and cos its dice lots of **** to drive unlike call of duty crap
Old 18 June 2015, 11:57 AM
New_scooby_04

Meanwhile back on topic!

This e3 was more like it; sems like the developers are actually bring out new gen only content now, which gives us a reason to want to upgrade. I'm sorry, but slightly upscaled content from versions that are also available on the older gen stuff, really doesn't get the juces flowing!

I'm not a Star Wars geek, but Battlefront looks amazing. Pleased to see the Rainbow six series making a come back and the loving the look of For Honor.

For me, it's all about

Old 18 June 2015, 12:43 PM
theboy
Scooby Regular

I can see me and Matteeboy getting on like a house on fire. Firstly he dosnt like A45s & now he hates consoles.
Old 19 June 2015, 06:11 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

FFVII OMG

Sephiroth, the Legend lives

Mart
Old 19 June 2015, 10:20 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

I know there's always banter between console owners, but the Xbox seems poor compared to the ps4.

There's a video on YouTube with PC, PS4 and Xbox all playing project cars. Same scenes etc. The PC is the best, the PS4 is very close, but the Xbox looks terrible lol.

I'd never go PC anymore as you have to put up with all the crap that goes with them. PS4 looks a very good machine and the PC would have to be something very special and expensive to better it. You're still gonna get unwanted grief from a PC at some point. I was a bit of a 'PC is gaming king' fanboy years back but you always find yourself throttling back the graphics after a while. Just couldn't be arsed with messing around when consoles are so good these days. Just turn it on and play knowing the developers have tweaked it to run right.

I was watching some of the E3 stuff the other day, must admit I'd never heard of it but kept getting emails about it.

I really fancy a PS4 now!
Old 20 June 2015, 11:26 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by jameswrx
I know there's always banter between console owners, but the Xbox seems poor compared to the ps4.

There's a video on YouTube with PC, PS4 and Xbox all playing project cars. Same scenes etc. The PC is the best, the PS4 is very close, but the Xbox looks terrible lol.

I'd never go PC anymore as you have to put up with all the crap that goes with them. PS4 looks a very good machine and the PC would have to be something very special and expensive to better it. You're still gonna get unwanted grief from a PC at some point. I was a bit of a 'PC is gaming king' fanboy years back but you always find yourself throttling back the graphics after a while. Just couldn't be arsed with messing around when consoles are so good these days. Just turn it on and play knowing the developers have tweaked it to run right.

I was watching some of the E3 stuff the other day, must admit I'd never heard of it but kept getting emails about it.

I really fancy a PS4 now!
To be honest mate, I don't think you can extrapolate from one game. This happened all the time in the xbox360 vs playstation fanboy wars; some games looked better on one, others better on the other etc.... Very rarely was there a difference of the magnitude that detracted from the game in any way. It seemed that some developers clearly preferred working on one console platform.

From what I have seen of the latest batch of games there is very little difference for the most part and what difference there is appears to be down to whether the game runs in full HD at 60fps etc. It's early days though and developers are still learning about the respective hardware etc.... We won't see the best out of these consoles for a good few years I reckon and will probably only see what they can *really* do nearer the end of their life cycle!
Old 22 June 2015, 01:46 PM
Beef
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jameswrx
The thing is that, unlike previous generations, a PC the same cost as a PS4 is already more powerful. By the time the PS4 is replaced - say 5 years - the performance gulf will be immense, and that doesn't take into account the already huge gap between current high-end PCs and the latest consoles.

Another factor is that the PS4/XBO are based on x86 technology - the same as PCs. This is already well known and understood technology, so the optimisation potential of a console is significantly lower than previous generations.

PCs are easier to build than ever before, the OSs are easier to install and maintain, and the major vendors (Intel, AMD, nVidia) all explicitly support major game releases; auto updating is much more of a thing.

Improvements in user interface make it perfectly possible to go from power button to game without having to touch a keyboard or mouse, going hand in hand with games that auto switch input type between gamepad and keyboard. HDMI output is basically standard, all of which leads into me having a gaming PC in the living room that makes less noise than a console, takes little more room in a custom case of my choice (for aesthetics), utterly outperforms either console, and is 100% controllable with a gamepad.

You mention turning down settings - but console devs have to do the same thing, only you don't even get the choice of deciding if you want detail or framerate. A PC bought today will never get less powerful than it already is, and if it's faster than a PS4 now, it always will be faster...
Old 24 June 2015, 09:54 AM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

having both consoles and being a PC gamer for 30 years I'm kinda in that camp where i want the best, my XBONE hasn't been switched on and played with for 6 months, Well it was for EA access but i just don't use it, if a game comes out i buy it for the more powerful Ps4.

More powerful is a debate but i think you'll all agree over the last 12 months the XBOX has taken a hammering on various games VS PS4...

I think the backwards compatibility if done right will help a lot of Kids move away from 360s.

My neighbour is a geek and put it in perpective, after 8 or 9 years on the xbox my gamer score is about 12k his after 5 years is 140K, but last week he moved to PS4 now for him to do that, taking into mind he's on it 24/7 in my book tells me something....

both consoles are good to be honest and as i always say, Buy whichever your mates play.....

I will however be buying Forza

Last edited by Littleted; 24 June 2015 at 09:55 AM.
Old 24 June 2015, 09:58 AM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Meanwhile back on topic!

This e3 was more like it; sems like the developers are actually bring out new gen only content now, which gives us a reason to want to upgrade. I'm sorry, but slightly upscaled content from versions that are also available on the older gen stuff, really doesn't get the juces flowing!

I'm not a Star Wars geek, but Battlefront looks amazing. Pleased to see the Rainbow six series making a come back and the loving the look of For Honor.

For me, it's all about

Hitman Trailer - E3 2015 Square Enix Press Conference - YouTube

i need to play these don't i ?