Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

How to mail a mailing list?

Search this Thread

Old 05 June 2002, 02:59 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

Hi all

I've got an address list set up in my Netscape messenger, of about 20 people, using the name "Experts".

Now those 20 want it so they can also send messages to the group easily. Some (most!) of them are probably on whatever mail programme comes with IE (I don't use it yet, so don't know) rather than Netscape.

I know that they can just press "reply all" to my message, but it's a protocol thing - most people would be copied rather than named as the specific recipient, which doesn't look quite so good. Also, some complain that they can only see the names of the correspondents when they receive my message, rather than the full email addresses .

So, how can I mail my list to them so they can import(?) it and set it up, rather than typing in the addresses manually?

I hope the answer is fairly simple, as I get the impression some of these people have trouble working out the "On" button in the morning…

Thanks
Brendan
Old 06 June 2002, 02:19 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

Nobody???