Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

GTA Fans

Search this Thread

Old 09 June 2014, 09:03 PM
cmr SCOOBY
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTA Fans

anyone else love playing GTA ?
Old 10 June 2014, 11:36 AM
Matt_STi
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes. excited to see it coming to PS4
Old 10 June 2014, 11:38 AM
andylinney
Scooby Regular

Really got into the story mode and have played it through to completion a couple of times now, but I'm struggling to get into the online mode, especially as most folk seem to think it's call of duty...

Must admit to being a Trevor fan...
Old 10 June 2014, 12:24 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can't bring myself to buy a PS4 - hardly touch the 3 but was addicted when GTA5 came out.
As much as it looks great on the 4, I guess it's exactly the same game???
Is GTA6 planned anyone?
Old 10 June 2014, 12:34 PM
Mustoe91
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I've got a ps4 and must say it's brilliant but never play it as I feel the games that are out aren't any good apart from battlefield

I'm always on my ps3 playing gta and I love it and happy it's coming to ps4
Old 10 June 2014, 12:39 PM
Matt_STi
Scooby Regular

GTA 6 - you'll be lucky to get your hands on that before late 2016 I'd guess.

From what I've read, it appears the game is exactly the same but will look and feel better, which for me is great as I loved it first time around! Least this time I'll know not to do the missions where you get shares till the end, so I can have hundreds of millions!
Old 10 June 2014, 01:27 PM
andylinney
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matt_STi
Least this time I'll know not to do the missions where you get shares till the end, so I can have hundreds of millions!
Exactly the reason I played it through again... But, like all the previous games you kind of come to a grinding halt once you've finished the missions and despite all of your hard work you start the online game with nothing, it'd have been great to be able to have taken over some of your ill gotten gains into online.
Old 10 June 2014, 01:31 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I played it and completed the story mode in 2 weeks when it first came out, tried online for a day and haven't picked it up since.
Old 10 June 2014, 02:03 PM
Matt_STi
Scooby Regular

I gave online a go, didn't enjoy it at all. I had fun driving around offline in my own little world. It'll be well worth the £45 to play it again!
Old 10 June 2014, 06:15 PM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Been in story mode for a couple of months on and off, but since taken to playing online. As above, most players seem to engage in shoot to kill with random other players, but you can also join in missions etc. which can be a laugh.

The other night I was playing online with a friend and we were flying around in a heli. Noticed some guy was robbing a store or something and getting very bogged down with the police. Anyway, dropped the heli onto the road nearby, he ran over, jumped in and we cleared off out to sea to lose the 4*'s. Then went back, dropped the guy off and carried on.
Old 11 June 2014, 09:45 AM
Beef
Scooby Regular

Enjoyed the previous GTAs, but I'm seriously questioning whether to buy this one given the business practice being employed by Rockstar.

With them now releasing it on next gen and PC, it's quite clear they wanted to double-dip players; once in the initial rush of people excited to play a new GTA game, and again with what is basically a HD remaster.

But there's no reason they couldn't have released it on the PC the first time round - it was only 9 months ago and gaming PCs were already far more powerful than even the next gen consoles, so it's not as if they were having to wait for the release of the next-gen consoles in order to achieve the graphical levels they're now asking everyone to pay again for.

Which means the only reason they held back on the 'high quality' version of the game was to try and encourage people to buy it twice, even if they had a PC quite capable of running the high quality version the first time round.

I'm not blaming them for seeing an opportunity to try and increase their sales, but I'm certainly not sure I want to reward them for again treating PC gamers like an afterthought.

Might pick it up in a year or two when it's cheap in a Steam sale.
Old 11 June 2014, 03:57 PM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Beef
Enjoyed the previous GTAs, but I'm seriously questioning whether to buy this one given the business practice being employed by Rockstar.

With them now releasing it on next gen and PC, it's quite clear they wanted to double-dip players; once in the initial rush of people excited to play a new GTA game, and again with what is basically a HD remaster.

But there's no reason they couldn't have released it on the PC the first time round - it was only 9 months ago and gaming PCs were already far more powerful than even the next gen consoles, so it's not as if they were having to wait for the release of the next-gen consoles in order to achieve the graphical levels they're now asking everyone to pay again for.

Which means the only reason they held back on the 'high quality' version of the game was to try and encourage people to buy it twice, even if they had a PC quite capable of running the high quality version the first time round.

I'm not blaming them for seeing an opportunity to try and increase their sales, but I'm certainly not sure I want to reward them for again treating PC gamers like an afterthought.

Might pick it up in a year or two when it's cheap in a Steam sale.
I can appreciate that viewpoint, GTA 5 is the only reason I've kept my 360 since buying the XBO & GTA 5 is the reason the XBO hasn't really been played on after the initial 'got a new gadget' enthusiasm wore off.

I shall buy it again when it's released on XBO and the sale of the 360, games etc should cover the cost of the upgrade.

Having said that, I would really hope that Rockstar bundle some DLC in with it (online heists for the love of God PLEASE!) to make the upgrade a bit more attractive to those already invested in the original.

When you think about it, what percentage of 'next gen' owners haven't already owned GTA 5? a very very small amount of people I would imagine?

Last edited by Neanderthal; 11 June 2014 at 03:59 PM.
Old 11 June 2014, 05:33 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I only had an original XBOX when I came over here, after a while I mod chipped it and put XBMC on it. I stopped gaming for a while and so never got a 360 / PS3.

I had been considering the One and PS4, and there was some loyalty to Microsoft there due to owning the original XBOX, but I really did want to play GTA 5 and was toying with the idea of getting a 360, but that is a little bit of an extravagance for one game, plus buying an older console didn't make sense either.

Now with GTA 5 coming to the One, I am quite possibly going to get one (pun possibly intended), I can probably ease my wait with Forza 5 (seems like the 'ring has been added via DLC)

I've quite liked all of the GTA games I've played, the last being Vice City, so I suspect I'm in for a treat given that was pretty old.
Old 12 June 2014, 06:37 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I've never ever played GTA properly, am I missing something.

I remember getting my son saints row at 12 and leaving him to it, I entered the room to find him in a hotel with some bloke bumming another , I was shocked but intreaged.

Anyway he's now 16 and been watching him on watchdogs that's looks awesome,
I may have to have a blast on GTA then....
Old 12 June 2014, 06:59 PM
Matt_STi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Littleted
I remember getting my son saints row at 12 and leaving him to it, I entered the room to find him in a hotel with some bloke bumming another , I was shocked but intreaged
Not really sure what to say to that!
Old 14 June 2014, 04:21 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Lol it got worse I think he must have been in a brothel, next room was err weird too
Old 14 June 2014, 07:18 PM
JayUK91
Scooby Regular

Clocked up about 300 hours on GTA5 on my PS3. Completed story mode within a week of release, but I just find myself coming back to it. It's pretty much the only game I play nowadays.

Looking forward to the PC version, the mods should be interesting.
Old 15 June 2014, 02:38 PM
Matt_STi
Scooby Regular

Does anyone know what changes we will see from the ps3 to ps4 versions? Other than sharper graphics?

I read more traffic? Would quite like to see proper traffic jams so you'd have to get out on foot and peg it away from the cops
Old 15 June 2014, 03:24 PM
andylinney
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matt_STi
Does anyone know what changes we will see from the ps3 to ps4 versions? Other than sharper graphics?

I read more traffic? Would quite like to see proper traffic jams so you'd have to get out on foot and peg it away from the cops
Hmm, then the temptation to just mount the pavement and floor the throttle...
Old 15 June 2014, 04:11 PM
L.J.F
Instructing with fear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am really looking forward to GTA5 coming out on the One, I still have it on the 360 but haven't turned it on since the XBoxone came out.