Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Removal of interior scuffs/scratches

Search this Thread

Old 14 March 2013, 11:28 PM
Tony Harrington
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Removal of interior scuffs/scratches

Does anyone know how to get rid of or mask slight marks on plastic interior, what are the best techniques & products?
Old 15 March 2013, 12:45 AM
stand easy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had this trouble with various bits that I realised could be re sprayed as long as I could remove them safely. Such as Heater control surround and air vent surrounds. I did that an they look good as new now. I still have scuffs on door cards and glove box. For these you could replace them second hand which I may do if no one has a better answer....bit long winded but just a couple of ideas I came up with when faced with the same problem
Old 01 April 2013, 05:54 PM
sssssteeeee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stand easy
I had this trouble with various bits that I realised could be re sprayed as long as I could remove them safely. Such as Heater control surround and air vent surrounds. I did that an they look good as new now. I still have scuffs on door cards and glove box. For these you could replace them second hand which I may do if no one has a better answer....bit long winded but just a couple of ideas I came up with when faced with the same problem
I had some marks & scratches on center console under hand brake lever. There's a block u can buy from halfrauds it certainly helps mask marks scratches followed by using a good plastics dressing megs dash restore but not the shiny one the matt is better more factory look and less glare if the suns out. Could perhaps try p1500 wet and dry ..... Then apply dressing.