Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Pay less when buying from us in the future....

Search this Thread

Old 01 February 2011, 12:45 PM
John @ PB
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pay less when buying from us in the future....

What you want is very important to us, but late last year we realised that we had started to neglect this. Our own desire to grow and shape our business into what we thought you wanted resulted in us taking our eye off the ball. This year, we're aiming to do much better, by listening a lot more and doing what we can to meet your needs and make doing business with us a more beneficial experience.

For some time now, you have pointed out that a 5% discount on £100+ orders is not beneficial if you place regular smaller orders. You have also commented that our shipping charges haven't always been competitive. Therefore, from today we will no longer be offering discounts of any kind. Instead, we will be offering free delivery on all orders (no minimum spend) destined for mainland UK addresses. In addition, we will also be offering significantly reduced shipping charges on all other orders going to non-mainland UK addresses. In a nutshell, you will now be paying less every single time you order from us, whether you spend £5 or £500.

To make this possible, the free delivery option will use an economy service that will take 3-5 days. We hope that this will suit in most cases, but if ever you need your order quickly then a competitively priced 1-2 day express service will also be available. And what if you do not live at a mainland UK address? Well, clearly we cannot offer free shipping to destinations where the costs would make sales unprofitable, but we do hope that our new shipping rates are appealing: they're certainly cheaper than ever before, in many cases by a huge margin. The savings on offer will add up to a good deal, particularly if you order from us on a regular basis throughout the year.

Finally, if you live in Canada or the USA we are very sorry, but we will no longer ship orders to you. Difficulties with customs have increased recently, making the shipping process more time consuming. All things considered, shipping to North America has actually become a cost to us when our time is factored in. Thank you very much for your past custom; we've greatly appreciated it. Finally, to reassure you, we will continue to provide advice and support in relation to past orders in the future; please contact us in the usual way if ever you need assistance.

Old 01 February 2011, 04:36 PM
GT Scooby blue
Scooby Regular

Good idea John and it will go a long wa to generate more business.
Hope you have good rates for postage to N.Ireland as I'll be stocking up again soon
Old 01 February 2011, 05:20 PM
John @ PB
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GT Scooby blue
Good idea John and it will go a long wa to generate more business.
Hope you have good rates for postage to N.Ireland as I'll be stocking up again soon

Yes, NI rates reduced too.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...s/shipping.pdf

Old 01 February 2011, 11:02 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

That's good news John. Mrs Williams may not see it that way, but hey, you can't have everything....
Old 02 February 2011, 02:47 PM
WUZ
Scooby Senior

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

What about us poor, unfortunate types that live locally John?

Get it right for us - or Clark can find someone else for working on his WR1

Last edited by WUZ; 02 February 2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old 02 February 2011, 03:16 PM
scoobyverysoon
.......*SMACS*...........

Location: Manchester - Official SMACS Cleaning Freak who suffers from OCD

thats great - as now I can get my odd bits off you now as normally your postage charge would mean I bought elsewere on a small order

I ordered off you the other day when you was running the free postage offer as needed some tyre shine and trim protector
Old 02 February 2011, 03:52 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

wish I had seen this yesterday
Old 02 February 2011, 08:13 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Absolutely superb. This has been the most prohibiting factor when looking at ordering through your website, hence why I havent bought anything. Thank you.
Old 02 February 2011, 09:26 PM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Bugger, had some recently large-ish orders with you. Looks like I have missed out. OWNED. lol

Steve