Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Polished Bliss®: Alpina B12 Ekat...

Search this Thread

Old 25 August 2010, 04:41 PM
Clark @ PB
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polished Bliss®: Alpina B12 Ekat...

This big beast of a car was in for an All Surface Protection detail (ASPD) a while back and having spent around 18 months sat under a tree and barely driven by the previous owner boy did it need one!

Usually the ASPD takes between 6-8 hours on most cars, however it took a day and a half with both myself and John working flat out - the wash stage alone took 3/4's of day 1!

For some reason I never took a pic of the whole car before I started but here's some other bits of the car starting with the wheels, not too bad actually:

Badly weathered trim:

The leather was in serious need of a clean and feed too as it was really dry...

So up first was the wheels as usual, Gloss-It wheel gel was applied and agitated with various brushes...

...then rinsed and Autosmart Tardis was applied...

...before another rinse and then Aquartz Iron Cut was applied and agitated with a brush:

After they were rinsed off the tyres and arches were cleaned with Meguiars Super Degreaser:

Nice clean tyre walls now:

The engine bay was also cleaned with Super degreaser:

Then rinsed off with medium pressure @60 degrees - check out all the dirt coming out!

I then gave the car a quick rinse off to get rid of the excess dirt

Then onto all the door shuts etc, again using Meguiars Super Degreaser, Raceglaze brushes and the pressure washer:

The exterior trim was then cleaned with APC, some areas needing 2 or 3 attempts to fully remove all the grime:

Once that was done the car was washed with the 2 bucket method, lambswool mitt and Meguiars Shampoo Plus.

Autosmart Tardis followed to remove any tar spots:

Then Iron Cut, which was especially effective on the rear end:

The car was then given a final rinse before being clayed with Meguiars Mild Clay and then dried with PB Luxury Drying Towels and the Black Baron drier.

I then taped the trim up ready to polish and protect the paint with Werkstat Prime Strong with the DA and a Lake Country Polishing Pad:

While I freshened up the exterior, John was working away on the interior - including cleaning and then feeding the leather (3 times!) with Raceglaze Leather Balm which eventually restored the leather back to its former glory.

He also polished all the shuts with Werkstat Prime Strong:

In between adding coats of Werkstat Acrylic Jett I machined the black trim round the doors with a Gloss-It polishing spot pad and Menzerna 203S:

Before:

After:

The paint was then wiped down with Werkstat Acrylic Glos, glass polished and protected with Prime Strong, tyres dressed with Gloss-It Signature Tyre Gloss and Wheels sealed with Blackfire Metal Sealant. The tailpipes were cleaned up with Blackfire Heavy Cut Compound and wire wool and then Raceglaze Alutec and a foam pad.

The painted parts of the engine bay were polished and protected with Prime Strong and everything else with 303 Aerospace Protectant:

And here are the rest of the pics

Thanks for looking and a big thanks and well done to John for his help, he didn't think twice about getting stuck in and put up with me ordering him about pretty well

Clark
Old 30 August 2010, 05:11 PM
super_ted
Scooby Regular

WoW! What a turn around on this car. You don't see many of those out on the road anymore. Well done, i bet the owner was chuffed with that.
Old 30 August 2010, 08:39 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

some of your best work to date, car looks mega must have added lots of value to that car