Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Awesome car photography...

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2009, 11:44 AM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Awesome car photography...

For those of you who appreciate awesome automotive photography, you may find this blog article interesting...

Polished Bliss partners with Ambient Life The Polished Bliss Blog

Reciprocal article posted by Ambient Life here...

Ambient Life Photography: The Hype: Welcome to new client 'Polished Bliss'

:icon_thumright:
Old 26 November 2009, 08:29 PM
brocks
Scooby Regular

Whilst I have to say the photography skills on show are absolutely immense, and an absolute credit to the photographer.....I have a slight concern....

Some of the picture quality is of such a standard that it actually looks photoshopped.....

Whilst this is a complete skill, I cannot help but think that it may actually detract from the work Polished Bliss carry out.....what I am trying to say is that if a customer gets his car cleaned to the high standard expected, and then photographed as demonstrated, then it could be construed that the photo has been touched up to create a perfect flawless finish no matter what result has been obtained.....

Have a had a few cars pics photoshopped, and the alterations definately add to the finish....but do not show the true defects/remedies attained...in a similar way that glossy magazines airbrush models....
Old 28 November 2009, 01:48 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

That's an excellent point, and to clarify... Tim's work will be used for main banners throughout the site, and in future for printed advertising materials too. Throughout the rest of the site, and in particular where we show the results of our own work, we will continue to use our own imagery, and this will continue be be presented as it always has been. That said, if anybody using our services received a less than expected result I'm pretty sure our reputation would be crucified straightaway, so have no fear, our standards will be fully preserved no matter what photography is used!
Old 29 November 2009, 01:35 AM
brocks
Scooby Regular

Really glad you took the time to respond.....and with such openess and clarity.....

Reread my post several times after posting it and was gonna delete it, as I thought it may have been construed as negative, which was not my intention in the slightest

Looking forward to seeing more of this guys work, as originally posted, its epic....also new site is VERY slick...so all the very best of luck, keep up the good work all at PB
Old 30 November 2009, 11:40 AM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Cheers mate, and no problem at all, it was a very good and highly relevant question!