Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Tonight at midnight - Project Awesome is launched!

Search this Thread

Old 31 August 2009, 08:00 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Tonight at midnight - Project Awesome is launched!

Folks, tonight at midnight our very first own branded last step product will be launched; dubbed Project Awesome, it is in our opinion an incredible product and represents over six months of intensive collaboration between ourselves and Gloss It. A handful of lucky Detailing World members have already tested the final product for us, and feedback has been extremely good. In addition, Paul Wilkins at the Ultimate Shine has been testing it for us in a professional capacity for several months, and his reports posted on Detailing World have been mindblowing to say the least. We now invite you to take a detailed look at the product and what it offers here...

Project Awesome by Polished Bliss - The ultimate last step product for your car

Old 01 September 2009, 12:05 AM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

Nothing visually that impreses me in that gallery Rich if im honest,pretty sure you could get the same results with blackfire wet diamond AFPP/sonus sfx4,
As for the price the cars finishes would have to proper jump out at me to pay that kinda money-dont get me wrong im daft enough to pay it if i think its that much of an improvement over anything else im using however from here im not seeing it.

If its just a case of it lasting longer as it "generally" is with more expensive waxes(know its a sealant) then i dont really think that matters as ya car if used regularly will more often than not get to a point where its going to need claying and polishing before the full length of protections achieved
so whats the point.

Bring something more to the table visually that`l outperform blackfire wet diamond all finish paint protection and sonus sfx4 at around the same price an you`ll have my attention.

Was actually one of youre old threads where you`d done a P1 that got me to buy blackfire in the first place waaay bk-that were a seriously shiny car possibly the best ive seen that youve done to date as it were pictured outside aswell and still looked stunning.

To me based on pic gallery there the price cant be justified over blackfire just by the fact it lasts longer.
Old 01 September 2009, 07:54 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

Not sure if you can really judge the finish from a photo, sure you have a very good point that Blackfire is very good and i am not sure that i could justify the expense but for my use (weekend car wax a little to often ) but by no means does that mean others will not be blown away by this product. Rich is a top guy and if he says it a top product then i am sure it would be great.
Old 01 September 2009, 08:45 PM
bodgeit
BANNED

Originally Posted by ukdave
Nothing visually that impreses me in that gallery Rich if im honest,pretty sure you could get the same results with blackfire wet diamond AFPP/sonus sfx4,
As for the price the cars finishes would have to proper jump out at me to pay that kinda money-dont get me wrong im daft enough to pay it if i think its that much of an improvement over anything else im using however from here im not seeing it.

If its just a case of it lasting longer as it "generally" is with more expensive waxes(know its a sealant) then i dont really think that matters as ya car if used regularly will more often than not get to a point where its going to need claying and polishing before the full length of protections achieved
so whats the point.

Bring something more to the table visually that`l outperform blackfire wet diamond all finish paint protection and sonus sfx4 at around the same price an you`ll have my attention.

Was actually one of youre old threads where you`d done a P1 that got me to buy blackfire in the first place waaay bk-that were a seriously shiny car possibly the best ive seen that youve done to date as it were pictured outside aswell and still looked stunning.

To me based on pic gallery there the price cant be justified over blackfire just by the fact it lasts longer.
I like mi polish an stuff, so wot did you use (IN LAYMANS TERMS) on yer Scoob? it looks ferkin AP.S mi car's silver but if yer gettin that result onna blue'n' then its gotta be good stuff!
Old 01 September 2009, 11:04 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

P1 aboves the one Rich did-its results like that that`l make me order stuff straight away-i think you can tell whats good from pics however will accept if judging lsp`s its debateable how much work at the initial polishing stage has gone into providing the finished shine an therefore judging the lsp as a single product and what it bought to the finish itself can be difficult,bought blackfire wet diamond AFPP sealant just the once and blackfire wax-didnt rate the wax at all however AFPP is possibly the best product ive ever used-only started using fourstar as it were half the price and just as good for the same amount.

When places like serious performance stopped selling it contacted Rick vaal/Gary jones at fourstar who said they`d bought out sonus but were keeping the brandname (as they already manufactured sonus products)and that fourstar ultimate paint protection would return as sonus sfx4 over here although now works out about the same price as blackfire unfortunately as the bottles about half as big.

Ive done other cars with a mate with a polisher ,occasionally we`ve used some waxes that dont have a major effect on how the car looked from the finishing polish stage-depends on the wax or sealant used but theres a world of difference between some available.

On the other hand used cheap sealants and waxes applied/buffed off by portacable and the finish has been way above our expectations.

Only ever buy sonus sfx4 sealant now,though did try finishKare hi temp sealant paste not so long bk as were curious(not that impressed though) and 2685 wax which for the money gave good results.

As soon as someone brings out something that has the initial impact visually that blackfire had on me the first time i saw pics of cars done with it and after using it meself im there
Old 02 September 2009, 12:08 AM
scoobyverysoon
.......*SMACS*...........

Location: Manchester - Official SMACS Cleaning Freak who suffers from OCD

Originally Posted by bodgeit
I like mi polish an stuff, so wot did you use (IN LAYMANS TERMS) on yer Scoob? it looks ferkin AP.S mi car's silver but if yer gettin that result onna blue'n' then its gotta be good stuff!
Crikey thats a mouth full

On what ive seen so far I don’t see much gain in finish if any over the blackfire range as already mentioned IMO. catching the right light plays a large part in all the "finished shots" it can sometimes make things look better then they actually are.

Price wise its way over my budget if it was around the £50 mark then fair enough.

Last edited by scoobyverysoon; 02 September 2009 at 12:19 AM.
Old 02 September 2009, 06:51 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyverysoon
catching the right light plays a large part in all the "finished shots" it can sometimes make things look better then they actually are.
Too right,ive got no time at all for shots took inside a studio/garage with white walls under fluorescent lights either-put most clean cars in there an they`l reflect like mad anyway proves nothing about the product-same with shots took in multistorey car parks/underground car parks-just give me normal shots outside to show off the product without "trying too hard" to create something that isnt there shinewise.

A quality camera can also make cars appear better aswell you`d be suprised-a mate of mines Astra VXR in the flesh dont look as good as in some pics.

Trending Topics

Old 04 September 2009, 02:26 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Believe me, if it was only as good as Blackfire AFPP and any of the other LSPs we sell we wouldn't have bothered releasing it!

The aim of this project was to produce a superior product in every respect, and that is what we have done - in terms of aesthetics, durability and maintenance benefits. The cost of doing this in terms of developmental time and the cost of the chemicals used has been high, and this is reflected in the price tag.

We acknowledge that this is not a product that many people are going to buy (hence why we are only releasing it in extremely limited batches) but that was never the aim of the project - rather, it was to bring to the market a superior product that some of our customers could benefit from.

Pictures never truly capture a finish, and location does indeed count for a lot. Unfortunately for us, our preference for working from a fixed site means that we rarely get opportunities to take pictures anywhere else than inside our unit, or in the parking area out front. We do what we can, but to shoot in other outdoor locations would be more preferable. C'est la vie. I've tried all of our LSPs on my own car, and Project Awesome beats Blackfire in terms of aesthetics and durability. On the flipside, Blackfire is far easier to use and is a lot cheaper. We all choose products based on a number of factors, and no one is right or wrong... we're all just different and have different needs and desires.

I hope that clarifies some of the points raised above. If its not for you its not for you, nothing wrong with that... but it certainly ticks all of the right boxes for some of us.
Old 06 September 2009, 11:57 AM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

Cheers for being fair and honest in your reply Rich, im just unsure as to the "customer base" if ya like you were aiming it at -Detailers themselves as opposed to the car enthusiast maybe?
Old 06 September 2009, 08:56 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

people are willing to spend mega money on there cars mate just look at the project threads
Old 07 September 2009, 05:05 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

Ive spent £120 on best of show before but i wouldnt again-price doesnt = results trust me,most expensive stuff i use these days is collinite 915 at £23, you just dont need to spend alot.

Last edited by ukdave; 07 September 2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08 September 2009, 09:00 PM
chunkb
Scooby Regular

Well after seeing Clarks WR1 with the Project Awesome treatment I shall be getting some for my car.
Old 11 September 2009, 09:44 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

You're talking to someone who spent nearly £2k on a pot of Zymol Vintage, and believe me it's worth every penny - stunning product in every way and very hard to fault. Project Awesome is cheap in comparison!

Joking aside, it isn't really aimed at anyone in particular - simply those folks that follow our work, and want to share in a super cool product that only a handful of people will ever get to own. What I have learnt over the last few years is that people are highly random in the choices that they make. I see some folks with low end hot hatches spending thousands and thousands on tuning and detailing products, and I see folks with high end supercars being surprised at our prices!

With a limited edition product like Project Awesome, you either want it or you don't. It's there if you like the look of it, and want to participate in a chapter of our story. Nothing more, nothing less!

Old 16 September 2009, 12:18 AM
Hoody2769
Scooby Regular

There's no doubt that PB know what they're talking about and have offered a lot of us some excellent advice in relation to product selection. Ultimately, it's down to personal preference but if they think it's that good then I'd part with my money. It's like everything, the increased costs bring marginal improvement and it really depends if you can justify the improvement over cost: everyone's got different opinions and budgets.
I have a background in paint/coating technologies and to be able to even entertain the idea of releasing a product onto what it seemingly a flooded market is no mean feat. The cost/time implications are massive and thus need to be reflected in the price- especially when running on low production volumes.
Taking a look through PB's work, I'd no hesitation in trusting them and if they say it's good: it probably is! If you can't afford it don't buy it, if you can; why not try it? No doubt we'd all be surprised!

Keep up the good work on both the retail and hands on side of your work PB!
Old 17 September 2009, 08:08 PM
AutoFinesse
Scooby Newbie

Dont want to but in here or add any fuel to a fire, just my opinion.

Firstly if you have order products off the back off the PB boys threads before. Has it done exactly as they showed you it would or they said it would? Im guessing yes so what reason do you have to doubt? Iv been in this trade a while and they are by far the most honest reseller.

Secondly, waxes and sealants can only enhance and protect whats beneath them, prep work is key and i personally feel you only really see the benefits of the higher end products on perfectly prepaired paint work. i have a range of waxes and sealants from £20-£2000 and there are differences.

The benefit with the new high end sealants around in my eyes are easy clean abilitys, by the looks of the videos its displacing water very well, this will help hugely when it come to just cleaning your car after its treated.
Old 19 September 2009, 03:13 PM
bodgeit
BANNED

[IMG][/IMG]I left Megs NXT on mi car fer nearly 2 hours before polishing off [IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]