Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

My Scooby VS Blackfire Shine kit

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2009, 04:56 PM
A4_Paul
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Scooby VS Blackfire Shine kit

My first write up, please take it very easy on me and excuse my spelling and grammar.
Had my 2003 Subaru Impreza about 3 weeks now so decided to give it a good clean with my new Blackfire Wet Ice over fire shine kit from Polished Bliss - Car Care Products - Car Care Advice - Detailing Services - Scotland - UK along with some other goodies i bought.

Few pictures before i started.

Looks ok from a distance but as you can see the dirt was quite thick. The previous owner seems to have looked after it was well waxed and very little swirl marks almost none in normal sun light.

Firstly the wheels where given a good blast with a karcher pressure washer then cleaned with AG alloy wheel cleaner using a paint brush, insides done with a wheel back brush from PB Wheel Back Brush - Polished Bliss Car Care and Detailing Products
first time i've used one of these and very please.
Before picture

After Picture (includes tyre dressing but did this later)

Car was given a gentle wash down with my Karcher pressure washer then washed using the 2 bucket method with Lambswool wash mitt and Blackfire gloss Shampoo and conditioner Blackfire Gloss Shampoo & Conditioner - Blackfire Car Care and Detailing Products
The car came up very well after this but didn't get any pictures (got to carried away)
Next step was claying using Meguiars Quick Clay Kit Meguiars Quik Clay Kit - Meguiars Car Care and Detailing Products Only used clay three times before but found it slightly harder with the Subaru due to the stickers the clay would stick to the edges of the stickers not sure if it had anything to do with how i was using it or not but it peeled the clay off. ANY ADVICE?
After claying the car i gave it a quick wipe down and started using the blackfire kit. Blackfire Wet Ice Over Fire Shine Kit - Blackfire Car Care and Detailing Products
Firstly applying Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection using the Concours Foam Applicator Pads supplied and buffing of using the buffing towel supplied seemed very easy and enjoyable to apply and remove by hand. Already the car was looking very shiny.
Then applied the Blackfire Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax using the applicator supplied which seemed again was very easy to add and remove The finish is excellent I’ve never seen a car shine so much in the sun.
After i was happy with the finish i gave the windows a clean using AG glass polish the waxed the windows with the BF carnauba the windows really came up excellent as you can see below the reflections where perfect.

Wheels where given the BF treatment as above (not sure if this was needed) then sealed using Poorboys wheel sealant. Tyres where dressed using Chemical guys Chemical Guys - New Look Trim Gel really impressed with this tyre dressing but can be a bit sticky if applied to thick and not buffed afterwards.

Just as I was about to finish it started to drizzle so didn't get any pictures straight away. Below are some picture I took later on about 7pm it very cloudy.

Couldn't really get any good reflection shots due to the weather but I’m really impressed with the BlackFire kit and also the service from Polishedbliss can't recommend them enough.

Finaly alittle bit of beeding after it rained

More pictures of the scooby can be found here: Scooby pictures by zetec-paul - Photobucket
Old 18 May 2009, 07:26 PM
C_WRX
Scooby Regular

Looks good fella. Makes the aching arm working on it all worth while to see the brilliant finish.
Been a while since a write up was on (well that I've noticed) - good to see one.
I'm in the process of prep'ing my car for the Blackfire treatment, been there before but have the Wet Diamond All Finish Protection to go on first this time round...very impressed with the Blackfire finish on my black car last time so this should be even better.
Old 19 May 2009, 09:25 AM
A4_Paul
Scooby Regular

Certanly was arm aching like but as you said seems worth it.

I can't praise the blackfire stuff enought it really is exellent having said that though i've only ever used AG and megs stuff.
Old 28 May 2009, 03:53 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Well done mate! Great detail, cracking write up, and lovely beading shot at the end!