Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Best products for two pack paint

Search this Thread

Old 22 May 2009, 03:50 PM
Scooby-kid
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best products for two pack paint

Hi all,

My car has just been resprayed, (1960's Ford Anglia) and I am looking for some sort of protecting product.

Basicly, when I go to shows/road trips etc, I have no facility to wash the car, but if there was some sort of wax I could put on the car first, and any other products I could use after to 'wipe clean' at a show, that would be brilliant.

I prefer Autoglym products as I can get them fairly cheaply when the dealers are at shows, and currently use quite a few of their products.

I used to use Autoglym super resin polish, and then use Autoglym extra gloss protection, which was good, and I had an Autoglym areosol called something like show shine, which you spray on all over, and wipe off but I didn't like to use it as I always thought I was going to be scratching the paint.

so the questions are:
- can you please recomend a good (cheap) wax. I have seen the poorboys natty's wax, which looks nice and cheap - is it any good?

- whats the best way to shine up the car a show, without washing it?

cheers for any help,
Scott.
Old 22 May 2009, 07:29 PM
Scooby-kid
Scooby Regular

is this poorboys quick detailer something that could be used to provide a quick fix at shows? If so, will this meguires product do the same thing at half the price?

thanks again,
Scott.
Old 28 May 2009, 04:02 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Hi Scott, sorry for the delayed reply, crazy busy at the moment, and only on for the first time in a week today. Okday, please grap a cuppa and read this...

Car Care Advice - Maintain - How to maintain the appearance of your car after washes

and then this product description for Poorboys Spray & Wipe...

Poorboys Spray & Wipe - Poorboys Car Care and Detailing Products

You need to be aware than any form of quick detailing can lead to marring and scratching of the finish, but so long as any fresh grime is very light, and you use plenty of plush towels, you should be able to get away with it every now and again for shows. I used to with my silver Leon, but I would caution you is the colour is dark, as marring will show up very easily. To finish, on a tight budget the Poorboys waxes offer fantastic performance, and are a joy to use.