Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Shopping list for Osadian black

Search this Thread

Old 14 February 2009, 09:27 PM
shanew
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shopping list for Osadian black

Looking for a shopping list for things i need to bring the best out of my paint.
At the moment i have meguires nx and gold class shampoo, nx and gold class polish, and autoglym shampoo and polish. a meguires clay kit, microfiber wash mits and microfibre application pads and clothes. If anythings worth sticking with i will otherwise i'll stick it a bucket for my dad.

Cheers,
Shane
Old 15 February 2009, 09:37 AM
dreamon
Scooby Regular

Im using pretty much the same as you .Hopefully polished bliss will be along to give advice
Old 15 February 2009, 09:53 AM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Why not look at this thread - might help you decide !!
https://www.scoobynet.com/car-care-3...-finishes.html

Richard

ps apologies in advance if osadian in not metallic - just cant remember this morning !!
Old 16 February 2009, 03:40 PM
shanew
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the reply, i've looked through those but that link is just for the finish. im wanting to know what i need to be using to turn my dirty car into a polished head turner.

Cheers,

Shane.
Old 18 February 2009, 09:45 PM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

Location: Poole - in an Isuzu D-Max LE (Prodrive Version) Gamer Tag "Coin Slot"

Shane W here too.
Old 18 February 2009, 10:37 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Should be able to find your answers here
Car Care Advice - How to safely and effectively detail your car to perfection

Richard
Old 19 February 2009, 03:17 PM
C_WRX
Scooby Regular

How about this finish ?
Show n Shine Winner - July '08
My car and the products/steps I went through last summer. Only thing I noticeably usually do different is clay, and recently foam gun it pre-wash, but the last one I had at the time fell on the ground on route to being used so I autoglym de-tar'd instead.
I used to use Werkstatt Acrylic products (still do on other cars) for the last stages but am just working my way through the blackfire just now as it gives just a little difference in finish...both finishes give a very good shine and comes down to personal preference.

Last edited by C_WRX; 19 February 2009 at 03:18 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 19 February 2009, 03:59 PM
dreamon
Scooby Regular

That is a wicked shine
Old 20 February 2009, 02:26 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Hmm, given what you have, and assuming you will be working by hand and need to do some correction work to the paint to get it looking spot on, here is what I suggest...

Wash (ideally every week)

Your shampoos are fine, just make sure you are using lambswool (bodywork) and microfibre (wheels) wash mitts, good quality drying towels, two bucket method and working as per the guide on our website to safe and effective wash methods...

Decontaminate (once or twice a year, spring and autumn are the best times)

1st - Autosmart Tardis (to remove bonded organics, like tar, tree sap, etc) - Autosmart Tardis - Autosmart Car Care and Detailing Products

2nd - Use your Meguiars Quik Clay Kit (to remove bonded inorganics, like fallout, etc)

Polish (after claying, thus done once or twice a year)

To correct swirl marks and other light to moderate defects (fine scratches and etching) on your car, we recommend a two stage process starting with Menzerna Intensive Polish in conjunction with Lake Country German CCS Light Cut Pads. Working small areas at a time using firm pressure should enable you to correct around 90% of the defects present in just 1-2 attempts per panel. Any remaining defects should then be partially hidden and the overall finish refined with Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish in conjunction with Lake Country German CCS Polishing Pads. Working small areas at a time using light pressure should enable you to partially hide any remaining defects and maximise the gloss in just a single attempt per panel. You should be aware from the outset that although this method will yield very good results, it will require a significant amount of hard work!

Menzerna Intensive Polish - Menzerna Intensive Polish - Menzerna Car Care and Detailing Products
Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish - Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish - Blackfire Car Care and Detailing Products
Lake Country German CCS Light Cut Pad - Lake Country German CCS Pads - Lake Country Car Care and Detailing Products
Lake Country German CCS Polishing Pad - Lake Country German CCS Pads - Lake Country Car Care and Detailing Products
Poorboys Deluxe Mega Towel - Poorboys Deluxe Mega Towel - Poorboys Car Care and Detailing Products

Protect (apply a fresh coat every 6-8 weeks)

Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection - Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection - Blackfire Car Care and Detailing Products
Blackfire Ultimate LSP Applicator Pad - Blackfire Ultimate LSP Applicator Pad - Blackfire Car Care and Detailing Products
Poorboys Deluxe Mega Towel - Poorboys Deluxe Mega Towel - Poorboys Car Care and Detailing Products

If you wish to go mental and take the finish further in terms of wetness and gloss, then you could always opt for the full Blackfire Wet Ice over Fire Shine Kit, which gives you their Midnight Sun Paste Wax in addition to their quick detailing spray for routine maintenance. In no way essential, but awesome in every way... example images here:

Car Care Advice - Frequently asked questions about car care products and techniques

I hope that helps!

Old 24 February 2009, 05:02 PM
Juice
Scooby Regular

thanks rich, very helpful just ordered everything you recommended on the blackfire range of products

top bloke
Old 27 February 2009, 10:47 AM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Very welcome, cheers for the order!