Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Race Valeting - Subaru Impreza RB5 (no:230) Protection detail Dodo Supernatural

Search this Thread

Old 18 September 2008, 06:14 PM
Race Valeting
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Race Valeting - Subaru Impreza RB5 (no:230) Protection detail Dodo Supernatural

Todays detail was a bit of a short notice booking, The owner was going to the subaru rally at Castle Combe on Saturday and due to a back injury he couldn't clean it himself.

The car was booked in for a stage 1 detail (protection) and maybe being booked in for a full correction once its had a few marks sorted out at the bodyshop.

On first inspection this morning the car was looking in pretty good shape just a few weeks worth of dirt but on a silver/grey it didn't show too bad until at the washing stage.

heres a few befores:

Firstly the wheels were cleaned using some weak smartwheels and some APC with a selection of brushes, the tyres were cleaned using some APC also aswell as the arches.

Then the door/boot shut was cleaned using some apc, and then I tackled the engine using some degreaser and then highstyle for dressing the plastics.

Befores:

Afters:

Next stage was a citrus-pre wash, the lower of the car was sprayed and left for 5 mins then rinsed to remove the excess dirt/grime.

Then the car was snow foamed using an APC solution to remove the old protection.

This was left to dwell for 8 mins then rinsed, the car was then washed 2bm with wool mitt and some CG extreme wash'n'wax and then rinsed.

Then I clayed the car using some new Swissvax clay

Sorry no after pics of the clay totally forgot :devil: Did remove a fair bit though, the owner was very shocked as he thought the paintwork was pretty clean.

The carw as then re-washed again and dried using miracle drying towel and last touch.

Next stage was a paint cleanse, for this I used some Z y m o l hdcleanse this was done in small areas at a time to ensure easy buffing off.

Once the cars paintwork was cleansed I then put 2 layers of CG sealant followed by 2 layers of Dodo supernatural, each layer of wax was left for approx 1 hr to cure before buffing. While i was waiting for it to cure I got on with the dressing of the tyres/arches/mudflaps and cleaning the windows.

The exhaust was then polished using some megs nxt metal polish.

Before:

After:

And then finally given a quick spritz with some Zy m o l field glaze.

And now for some final pics:

The pictures don't do it any justice the fleck of the metallic was amazing in the sunlight.

Total time was 7 hrs

Thanks for looking Paul
Old 19 September 2008, 11:33 AM
Ste RB5138
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brilliant job!

Look forward to seeing 230 at Rallyday tomorrow!