Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Help with routine/products for black mica - 03 sti

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2008, 05:34 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with routine/products for black mica - 03 sti

Now i must admit, Ive got the car looking nice and smooth, there were a fair few swirl marks which look like they've been cured with megs scratch x.

Ive been advised by a fair few ppl that for the black mica/gold fleck, I should maybe be better off using blackfire's range of products, but theres so many out there that its hard to know what to purchase and which to use in what order....HELP!

Could someone do me a step-by-step routine to get the car looking immaculate, eg....the very basics etc....

I usually do the following;

rinse with hosepipe to loosen/remove any dust
Megs shampoo with sheepskin mitt (2 bucket method)
re-rinse to get rid of suds/lather
terry towel to dry
wax.......

Could someone perhaps who owns another black Scooby....go through it like that but using the best stuff for on that particular colour....pretty please

ps; money doesn't really matter as long as I get the best stuff for the colour of the car.
Old 22 June 2008, 05:57 PM
C_WRX
Scooby Regular

I used the Werkstat Acrylic Kit to get the finish on the pic in View My Scooby, in the sunlight the fleck was very obvious, easy on easy off and easy to top up.
I've also got some Blackfire products too but find the midnight wax a little harder to work with if I'm honest but it also gives a very nice finish.
Old 22 June 2008, 06:23 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by C_WRX
I used the Werkstat Acrylic Kit to get the finish on the pic in View My Scooby, in the sunlight the fleck was very obvious, easy on easy off and easy to top up.
I've also got some Blackfire products too but find the midnight wax a little harder to work with if I'm honest but it also gives a very nice finish.
Does look a nice finish mukka
Old 23 June 2008, 01:40 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

You can't really go wrong with either the Werkstat Acrylic system or the Blackfire range on that colour; both will look awesome, and both are easy enough to use. My choice would be Werkstat if making the most of the flake is your main aim, or Blackfire if overall wetness is what you desire most. The routine isn't much different for both ranges; wash regularly with the appropriate shampoo, polish the paint lightly every six months with either Prime Acrylic (Werkstat) or Gloss Enhancing Polish (Blackfire), protect every 1-2 months with Acrylic Jett Trigger (Werkstat) or All Finish Paint Protection or Midnight Sun (Blackfire), and quick detail after washing and whenever else you like with either Acrylic Glos (Werkstat) or Deep Gloss Spray Sealant (Blackfire).
Old 23 June 2008, 03:39 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Polished Bliss
You can't really go wrong with either the Werkstat Acrylic system or the Blackfire range on that colour; both will look awesome, and both are easy enough to use. My choice would be Werkstat if making the most of the flake is your main aim, or Blackfire if overall wetness is what you desire most. The routine isn't much different for both ranges; wash regularly with the appropriate shampoo, polish the paint lightly every six months with either Prime Acrylic (Werkstat) or Gloss Enhancing Polish (Blackfire), protect every 1-2 months with Acrylic Jett Trigger (Werkstat) or All Finish Paint Protection or Midnight Sun (Blackfire), and quick detail after washing and whenever else you like with either Acrylic Glos (Werkstat) or Deep Gloss Spray Sealant (Blackfire).
as always
Old 27 June 2008, 02:58 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use Swissvax (formerly known as Swissol) stuff on mine.

Swissvax UK - The official UK importer's on-line shop

Always get great results.

I went for the Onyx wax on mine, which is their "standard" wax but is also particularly good with dark colours. They also do Samurai which is developed to be better suited for Japanese paint....apparently.