Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Honda Civic - Nighthawk Black Pearl

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2008, 08:48 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Civic - Nighthawk Black Pearl

This is a Q for Polished Bliss, really.

What's the best stuff to use on the above? I've already got the Jeffs Werkstatt acrylic (my other cars are silver and white), but is there something better to use on black pearlescent paint?
Old 14 January 2008, 10:39 AM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

On NHB Honda's, I've always really liked the Blackfire range. This is because compared to many other products, the Blackfire range goes on very easily and is a piece of cake to buff. This is important, as Honda paint is very soft and easy to marr, so the easier the products are to work with, the less chance there is of inflicting defects into it. I did a NHB civic a couple of years ago using the Blackfire range; here are some shots of the results...

Results with the Jeffs products would be slightly shinier looking (rather than as wet as above), but the flake would pop even more. However, you would have to be be really careful when using them in order to avoid marring the finish, as the Jeffs products can be stiff to buff off.
Old 14 January 2008, 09:54 PM
magicgreg
Scooby Regular

I remember these pics from the CTRO site a year or so back, amazing results.

G
Old 15 January 2008, 03:06 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Would you recommend using them with a Porter Cable or am I better off by hand if the paint is soft (I have a PC, but I'm no expert, I've only used it 4 or 5 times).

I'm guessing it would be a case of wash, clay, wash, Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish with PC, Blackfire Wet Diamond by hand?

Also, there's a fair amount of grey plastic trim, what would people recommend for that?
Old 15 January 2008, 03:57 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Righty, if you have a PC then replace the Gloss Enhancing Polish with Menzerna Final Polish II, applied at speed 4-5 using a green CCS polishing pad. This will ensure a high degree of correction, as opposed to masking with the Gloss Enhancing Polish. The final finish will be virtually identical, and ready for the rest of the Blackfire treatment. It would be worth you taking a look through this thread; it shows the above detail in detail...

https://www.scoobynet.com/car-care-3...ic-type-r.html

As for the trims, Meguiars All Season Dressing is good, but if you can get away without dressing them then all the better; often just a thorough clean with a citrus degreaser is enough to leave trims looking like new.