Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Red Golf - Thanks Polished Bliss

Search this Thread

Old 05 December 2007, 12:28 PM
Damocell
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red Golf - Thanks Polished Bliss

Bought a new car to replace the Scooby and spoke to Polished Bliss last week about the best products to use to remove a lot of swirl marks by hand.

I’ve been a big fan of sealants as the Impreza was Royale Silver and I found it hard to get good reflections with anything else. I rang Polished Bliss to find out which products were best as I have usually used Poorboy’s Professional Polish and EX-P Sealant. To my surprise they recommended Autoglym Super Resin Polish and that the EX-P I had bought from them in the past should give good results.

I wasn’t able to do a ful detail due to time constraints but I was quite impressed by the results.

Here are some before shots:

By damocell

By damocell

By damocell

By damocell

Saturday came and I made a start on the Golf, firstly washing it using Zymol Auto Wash using the two bucket method and drying with a Meg’s Waffle Weave Towel, The extent of the swirl marks can be seen below.

By damocell

By damocell

By damocell

By damocell

By damocell

Then followed a session with Meg’s Quick Clay, and a good go with the Autoglym Polish by hand using a German Applicator, it was at that point I remembered I had an electric buffer bought from Halfords that I had never used so I thought I would give it a go.

Following this I sealed the car with Poorboy’s EX-P. Dressed the Tyres with Megs Hot Tyre Shine and another coat of Poorboy’s. The exhaust was cleaned using Megs Metal Polysh and the black plastic bumpers got a coat of Turtlewax Ice.

Here are the end results:

By damocell

By damocell

By damocell

By damocell

By damocell

By damocell

By damocell

By damocell

By damocell

By damocell

By damocell

By damocell

I realise the swirls aren’t fully removed but I was impressed with the results due to the original amount of marks.

Just goes to show that even someone who is fairly new to detailing can get good results with a bit of hard work and good advice.

Thanks Polished Bliss.

Damo
Old 05 December 2007, 04:37 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Very welcome, in cases where paint is simply too hard to cut back by hand SRP does a great job of masking and hiding, as can be seen above. That's a hell of a gloss you've produced there, be proud man, be proud!!!
Old 05 December 2007, 04:46 PM
Damocell
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Polished Bliss
Very welcome, in cases where paint is simply too hard to cut back by hand SRP does a great job of masking and hiding, as can be seen above. That's a hell of a gloss you've produced there, be proud man, be proud!!!
Not to sound stupid but what is SRP?

Damo
Old 05 December 2007, 07:38 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Its Auto Glym Super Resin Polish