Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Black 2 Door STi

Search this Thread

Old 19 October 2007, 12:15 AM
Chapman81
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black 2 Door STi

Hi,

I have been spending quite a bit of time on my 2 door type r. It is a fresh import and is in need of some cleaning as it's been stood for quite a while. I have washed the car ( 2 bucket method ) with Meg's NXT Gen shampoo using Meg's Lambswool Wash Mitt on the body and Meg's Deep Pile Microfibre Wash Mitt on wheels and splash guards etc, then dried with Poorboy's Waffle Weave Towel. Car was then clayed using Meg's Quick Clay. After that I used Meg's NXT Gen Tech Wax to polish then detailed with Meg's microfibre detailing cloth. The car now looks very fresh but still not quite happy with the results. What would be the best combo to give my car the perfect finish? I liked the results of the WRC Blue cars. Should I use the same products or use something different on Black?

Any tips would be much appreciated.

Stewart
Old 19 October 2007, 07:54 AM
top_fuel
Scooby Regular

have a read through this pal... its a sticky written by 'polished bliss' at the top of the page

https://www.scoobynet.com/car-care-3...lid-black.html
Old 19 October 2007, 12:15 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

...or if it's metallic black then this guide may help too:

https://www.scoobynet.com/car-care-3...-finishes.html

It would also be useful to know what about the finish isn't right, e.g. are there visible defects (swirls, scratches), or does it still look a bit flat, or is the shine not deep and wet enough? In my book there is no one prefect finish on any colour, because everyone's preferences vary, and you can make paint look quite different, depending on what you use on it (see the guide to solid black paint for striking examples of this). So, if you tell us more about what you would like to achieve in terms of the finish (wetter and glossier, or shinier and more reflective, etc), then we will be able to help more.

Old 20 October 2007, 12:35 AM
Chapman81
Scooby Regular

Default black type r

Hi PB, I will post up some pics. Just wanted to start a new thread to get some pointers. Want to use a more intesive polish to remove light scratches then detail the car with whatever products suitable. I really like the golf g60 rallye in the link you sent. was that zymol used on the car? like the wet look.

cheers for your help.

stewart
Old 22 October 2007, 09:03 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Aye, the G60 was finished with Zymol Carbon, which really does give a manic wet look on darker colours, without muting the metallic flake (if present). I'll keep an eye out for the piccies.