Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Jeffs Acrylic Jett Trigger 'issue'..!?

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2007, 12:37 PM
P1-Brad
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeffs Acrylic Jett Trigger 'issue'..!?

The only problem I had during my recent 'detail' was layering the Jeffs Acrylic Jett Trigger such that it would stick (for want of a better expression) and form a noticable coat that could then be buffed off (as per the Prime).

The product seemed to 'watery' and I couldn't see where i'd applied it... and it didn't seem to haze or anything so I couldn't tell where needed bufifng

Was using a Poorbooy's deluxe towel to apply but this didn't seem to help!?

Anybody else had this problem? Ended up just spraying some Acrylic Gloss on after the Jett and wiping to form a good finish.

Cheers

Bradders
Old 26 April 2007, 02:27 PM
Scudy23
Scooby Regular

I know what your saying m8 but most of the time you can notice with the difference of the reflection on the paint where it is, I tend too stand at the rear and look straight down the side of the car.
Old 26 April 2007, 07:32 PM
budge28
Scooby Regular

P1-Brad, im not sure what you mean in your first sentance.

I use the jett trigger and have had no probs putting it on and think the finish is great.

There are plenty of guides around on using this.
It is quite watery, i spray it onto the towel then wipe onto car. You can see it abit on the car but just keep going across the panel till its covered respraying onto towel when needed. After 1 or 2 panels buff them with a clean towel.
Old 26 April 2007, 09:59 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Odd, as above, usually can see where I've been with it no problem at all? Hard to know what to suggest, other than you did the right thing by following up with the Glos. You could try swapping to applying using the red side of a German Pad; mist the pad then wipe overa small area, leave 30 secs then buff. Might make things easier?
Old 26 April 2007, 10:44 PM
Scudy23
Scooby Regular

Trouble i have is my car is white...lol...no problem applying the porduct just looking face on i dont know if i ve missed any where.
Old 27 April 2007, 01:51 PM
P1-Brad
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the response guys ... will try waiting a little longer and looking from a different angle before buffing, was in direct sunlight which didn't really help with the light colour too. First time i've ever used something that isn't like a standard 'wax', which is watery and doesn't leave a dusty finish before buffing.

Still lovin' the Jeff's gear though ... and glad my extra splash of gloss was the right approach (not really well up on layering products and what type of products can be put on before / after others).

Thanks again.

Bradders
Old 27 April 2007, 02:21 PM
Scudy23
Scooby Regular

ou dont really have to put anything on after the trigger,because its water based you can buff off then re-apply it straight after and then the same again if you want so there would be 2 or 3 layers straight on instead off waiting X amount of time like you do with a wax

Trending Topics

Old 27 April 2007, 08:59 PM
Elmer Fudpucker
BANNED

I had similar probs when I used the jet trigger...I found it's best to not let it dry or dampen it a bit with the other gloss spray and the finish you then get is unbelievable
Old 28 April 2007, 12:55 AM
renny
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Elmer Fudpucker
I had similar probs when I used the jet trigger...I found it's best to not let it dry or dampen it a bit with the other gloss spray and the finish you then get is unbelievable
I agree,i just make sure i cover the whole panel than buff off pretty much straight away,applying glos as i do.

The main lesson i learnt from using the Jeff's was DON'T LET THE PRIME DRY TOO MUCH !!! It's a bi tch to get off if you do.Found that 5 mins was enough as opposed to the 30 that it suggests on the bottle.