Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

What do you think of Pourboys

Search this Thread

Old 18 March 2007, 12:15 AM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think of Pourboys

About 12 months ago I asked for advice regarding car care and after learning that there was a difference between polish and wax I opted for Pourboys blue polish and wax (black car) which came reccommended from several s/netters.

To be honest I have never noticed any differences between any waxes that I have used and there doesnt appear to be any advantages from using one product to the next. Is pourboys any good.?.................is there any car care products that are any good? I am beginning to think not.
Old 18 March 2007, 02:12 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bob r
About 12 months ago I asked for advice regarding car care and after learning that there was a difference between polish and wax I opted for Pourboys blue polish and wax (black car) which came reccommended from several s/netters.

To be honest I have never noticed any differences between any waxes that I have used and there doesnt appear to be any advantages from using one product to the next. Is pourboys any good.?.................is there any car care products that are any good? I am beginning to think not.
on my old silver wrx, i used turtle wax. was good, but couldnt get a show shine gleam.

my current uk turbo (red) has had a couple layers of meguiars nxt generation polish. i dont really bother with wax. to be honest, yes it looks nice, but when buffing, it seems very greasy and often smears, even after a good rub.

so im now opting for autoglym. have bought their super resin polish, and for afterwards, their instant show shine spray. the reason for this... i was at scoobybits last weekend, waiting for rear discs pads to turn up. another guy was there nattering to me and chris (jase was away on business) and his scoob was getting the treatment. just a normal mica green one, but christ after all the above autoglym stuff was put on, plus more things i have written down somewhere, i was converted.

just need a few sunny/cloudy hours to work my magic and compare before and afters...

andy
Old 18 March 2007, 09:21 AM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

Love poorboys stuff meself 75-80% of the time its whats been used on mine-poorboys polish with 100%carnauba(added not by volume)and poorboys EX cant fault it for the money really easy to use and loads of shine.I have tried allsorts on me car but keep coming bk to poorboys,however just bought some mothers reflections wax and top coat which i tried last yr and gave a deeper darker look to the paintwork so we`ll see how it goes.
As far as paste wax goes think p21s concours carnauba wax still has the edge on ease of use,shine and value for money.

poorboys used regular
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...r/PICT0004.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...r/PICT0043.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...r/99db4d01.jpg

pic from last yr after using mothers reflections wax and top coat.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...r/8b9e215b.jpg
Old 18 March 2007, 02:00 PM
Clark @ PB
Former Sponsor

Remember that a wax is only going to look good if your car is half decently prepped, i.e free from tar and other industrial fallout etc.

Claying a car is one of the best steps you can do prior to applying a wax or sealant as it makes the paint look alot more "glossy".

Old 18 March 2007, 10:34 PM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

yep as Clark said preparation is the key to good resullts
Old 20 March 2007, 11:57 AM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bob r

In addition to the above, seeing a difference between waxes is not easy unless you step up significantly in terms of carnauba content and cost, but teh difference between waxes and sealants is much easier to spot, and can make a huge difference to the way your car looks. Plenty of examples on this link...

Polished Bliss - Car Care Advice - How to choose and apply wax or sealant protection