Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Polished Bliss vs MB SL55 AMG

Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2007, 10:06 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Polished Bliss vs MB SL55 AMG

Another recent one by Clark...

---

Todays detail was this rather nice AMG Mercedes.

The owner of the car is currently away on holiday until monday so I'd been speaking to one of his employee's during the week about the requirements for the car. Basically all he knew was that he wanted us to do the job as the owner is big on his Zymol waxes (he even has his own in a nice glass case ).

What his employee didnt know was if he would want paint correction or not so in the end we agreed to skip that step in order to keep cost down (better to do this than shock the owner with a huge invoice on return from his holiday!) and to make sure the car was done for his return on monday

So here's what I was greeted with this morning:

The car was washed with the 2 bucket method and foam gun, clayed with a mild clay (hands were frozen by this point!) and then dried off as usual with a WW towel.

The paint and glass were treated to HD Cleanse and then Vintage applied by hand as per normal, the interior also received a quick going over (didnt need much at all, just a quick hoover and APC wipe down and Zymol Treat on the leather). The exhaust tips, alloys, tyres and arches were all done with the usual products.

The last step was a final wipe down with Zymol Field Glaze which removed any smears and oils left from the Vintage.

Here are the afters:

Exhaust tips before:

After:

And finally, a wee peek at whats next to come ........

It was a bloomin cold day to start with but the car turned out well I reckon, and I've now got the feeling back in my hands so it's all good!