Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

using my machine polisher tomorrow for the first time....

Search this Thread

Old 31 January 2007, 02:06 AM
X30NGO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default using my machine polisher tomorrow for the first time....

I'm about to use my machine polisher tomorrow, weather permitting. I've read everything there is to read on polishedbliss.co.uk and learnt a lot, but i was wondering, as i have a **** off vat of it already... is Autoglym Super resin polish going to work a great deal?? I have decent paintwork. Certainly not excellent, but averagly shiny, if that makes any sence at all. I have looked on the autoglym site which has helped a little.

I suppose i'd like to see some replies from people who may use machine polishers, who have maybe used super resin with a machine etc etc. Just would like do have some success tomorrow rather than spending hours doing it with no result!!

cheers.
Old 31 January 2007, 02:22 AM
STIain
Scooby Newbie

I think the srp will be good for getting out minor swirls etc. it should also give you a good shine but think there is better products on the market than that but it all depends on what kind of finish you are after? What kind of wax are you planning on using after the polish stage?
Old 31 January 2007, 02:51 AM
X30NGO
Scooby Regular

well i wa under the impression that autoglym products where very good??? So i was going to use possibly the Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection??

I am going to order some Menzerna Final Polish II and Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze, but as i'm going to give it a go tomorrow, i'm a bit limited to halfords!! I'm pretty sure i can get good results if i get the right stuff from there for tomorrow though!! The SRP should be a winner then for this first go, what you think about the sealant/wax, from halfords... Autoglym?? or you recomend something else??
Old 31 January 2007, 03:13 AM
STIain
Scooby Newbie

Autoglym are good products but there is def much better out there. It will do for your 1st attempt with the pc and yeah the egp will be good to use after the srp.
Get some blackfire of jeffs products ordered from polish bliss and you will be amazed with the end results, i don't use a pc and get a good finish with the jeffs acrylic kit so using a pc will be even better.
Menzerna is also really good, i use the intensive polish to get out scratches and have heard good things about final polish and the glaze.
I will go and have a look and see if halford website have any products i could recommend you use tomorrow until your menzerna arrives.
Old 31 January 2007, 03:17 AM
X30NGO
Scooby Regular

that'd be great, thanks mate! look forward to what you come up with!

(i never realised how complicated it all gets when you look into it!!!)
Old 31 January 2007, 03:26 AM
STIain
Scooby Newbie

Ok had a look and it seems they only do autoglym or turtle wax. they are doing a deal on the website 3 for 2 on autoglym products so if you can get that in store tomorrow great get the srp, egp and fast glass. Also noticed the have zymol wax i have also heard good things about this but have never tried it myself. Best bet for tomorrow is the autoglym mate. Things do get complicated but i have found the site Detailing World - A world for detailers by detailers. very usefull so get on there too for more advice in the future and prepare to be very confused as they know thier stuff.
Finally take some pics of before and after and post them up and you can also compare them to when you get other products.

Iain.
Old 31 January 2007, 03:33 AM
X30NGO
Scooby Regular

time for bed!! thanks a lot for the help!! and at this time too!!
Old 31 January 2007, 03:41 AM
STIain
Scooby Newbie

No problem, i'm at work so don't have anything better to do lol
Old 31 January 2007, 12:58 PM
X30NGO
Scooby Regular

twatting rain
Old 31 January 2007, 04:18 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Aye, pish day today! All good advice above, SRP is fine as a one step product by PC using a polishing or finishing pad. Note that it seals as it polishes, so you don't have to top it with anything at all! However, an Autoglym last step product would obviously add more protection. The benefits of one step products like SRP are exactly that; one step, thus saving time and effort (and money). However, much better results can be had by breaking down detailing into more stages, and doing separate polishing and protection steps will give better results. On Scooby paint (and typical Scooby colours), Blackfire and Menzerna polishes work well, and as for last step protection products, well Jeffs Werkstatt Acrylic system looks ace on anything metallic (plus solid black, and white) while on solid red and blue either the Jeffs Werkstatt Carnauba system or Blackfire Wet Diamond looks great (wet Diamond also really suits WR Blue, and has proved very popular on here over the last eight months or so). The main thing though is to make a start and get some practice with the PC - SRP is ideal for this as it won't be overly aggressive.