Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Cleaning up my 03 WR Blue WRX

Search this Thread

Old 24 October 2006, 12:53 PM
Chris_O
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning up my 03 WR Blue WRX

Hi,

I own a 2003 Blue WRX. Sadly it has a few minor scratches and a couple of deeper ones, and i'm looking to try and clean it up and get it looking it's best again.
my bootlid is quite badly scored and marked as some m*****f*****r pulled the STi spolier off the back of it a few weeks back. The original ironing board style one is back on and the extra holes have attractive black blanking grommets. I still have an outline of the old spoiler which i'd like to try and clean up while i get the money to replace the STi Style one.

Anyway, i own a stack of Autoglym products, which don't seem to be highly rated on these pages, so i'm looking for reccomendations on what to use to put my car right and help keep it that way. I do a lot of motorway driving so it gets manky pretty quickly.

Cheers

Chris
Old 25 October 2006, 11:35 AM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not good to hear. Correcting major defects by hand on hard Subaru paint is damn hard work and you won't always get everything out, but a good place to start is Menzerna Intensive Polish using the white side of a German Pad. You need to work the product hard and spend around 5-10 mins per panel minimum, but it's good stuff and gets a lot out while leaving an excellent finish. Youi can step down to Menzerna Power Gloss for deeper scratches, but it's an expensive product for occasional use, so the choice if yours - the method of application is the same. Once polished, the Blackfire range is one option that looks great on WR Blue and is easy to work with - I would go with Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish (actually a glaze) overlaid with Blackfire Wet Diamond. Another option, and one that will be better for winter as it offers more protection, is the Jeffs Werkstatt acrylic range, and we will be doing a special on the whole kit (inc pads and towels) early next month. Here's a link to a thread showing the Blackfire and Werkstatt finishes side by side...

https://www.scoobynet.com/car-care-3...pair-stis.html