Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Not a subaru,but its a detail..Warning loads of pictures

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2006, 09:02 PM
Scudy23
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not a subaru,but its a detail..Warning loads of pictures

Car in question is a Rover 200vi

Wash
With CG Maxi Suds
Dried with megs water magnet
Suds let to sit for five then rinsed
Washed again with the two bucket method.
Then clayed the whole car with Mothers Clay and Megs Quick Detailer

Exterior
Started with PB's SSR2 on a SFX White Pad,got nowhere quite quickly,so stepped up to SSR2.5 a no go once again.Which was surprising because i thought British paint would have been soft.Anyway i ended up with :
Menz PG on a 4" SFX Yellow Pad using the slow-cut method ( which took ages ) spread on No1,2 passes at speed 3,then a spritz,back to No1,I found taking this back to No1 and going back over the polish until brought it up nicely ( Instead of spritz and straight into No3,kept it on 1 until all the polish had hazed up )
Menz IP on a 6" SFX White pad, spread on 1, 2 passes at speed 4 - Spritz - then a pass on speed 5-6.
Once that was done it had a coat of XXX Wax
Wheels Thought i would try something new here i used a non-acidic wheel cleaner by THE WAX HUT,and might i say it is very good stuff.Tyres follow with Tyre cleaner from THE WAX HUT also.
Trim,rubbers were dressed with a Blackfire vinyl,rubber and upholstery cleaner.
Windows were done with AG window polish.( This stuff is way to dusty for me ).

Interior
Inside was kept in good condition,so i treated the leather with CG Extreme leather conditioner.
Vinyl,rubber etc....again with the Blackfire product.
Passenger side carpet had little black dots there because the owner works on building site ( stuff like you find on roofing felt ) But sprayed with BF cleaner and a bit of elbow grease with a Megs interior brush it came off.Then around with the hoover.
Scented with cherry air freshner.

Engine
Full of cement dust,so i bought some Megs D Greaser cut 4:1 and some more elbow grease ,unfortunatley i dont have any pics of the afters.

The Before

Once the car was washed and clayed i could see how bad the paint really was.

You get the picture

A couple of 50/50 shots

And the results, due to the car having to go back i only had time to take a few piccys,but better than none i suppose.There is nothing wrong with the paint on the left,i realised the day after i was holding a cig in the same hand

And a few from outside his house

Very sorry if this has bored you guys,but as this was my first detail i found it to be a very good learning curve.

Cheers
Scud

Last edited by Scudy23; 28 September 2006 at 09:11 PM.
Old 28 September 2006, 09:23 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Criky Scud, you have brought that back to life
Top man
Old 28 September 2006, 09:51 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well done Scud what a difference
Old 28 September 2006, 10:29 PM
big daz2
Scooby Senior

very well done you can clean mine whenever you want.dont like to pick holes but theres still dogs poo on the wheel.
Old 28 September 2006, 10:43 PM
Gav
Scooby Regular

Very well done matey, top job
Old 29 September 2006, 12:16 AM
Scudy23
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by big daz2
very well done you can clean mine whenever you want.dont like to pick holes but theres still dogs poo on the wheel.
I know m8, people cant be bothered to pick up their dog crap from the lane,BUT if i catch them and their dog i will save a couple of days ( my two dogs ) and dump it by their house and after 28hrs worth of work i werent gonna start spraying it incase it went everywhere.

Scud
P.S Stop be so picky
Old 29 September 2006, 01:24 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Your first detail? Damn! Very nice work indeed, paint correction looks very good, and your interior work looks spot on too. Only thing I would pick up on is the insides of the arches, but other than that the work looks superb.
Old 29 September 2006, 01:55 PM
Scudy23
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Polished Bliss
Your first detail? Damn! Very nice work indeed, paint correction looks very good, and your interior work looks spot on too. Only thing I would pick up on is the insides of the arches, but other than that the work looks superb.
Yea i know Rich,i would have liked to have taken the wheels off to get in there but had nowhere to do it.Which way do you work things Rich ?
Wheels,arches etc... first then start the body work or other way round ?
The owner was very happy with it,so at the moment that im happy.

Cheers
Scud

P.S Any idea when DW will be back up Richie,bee off a while now.
Old 29 September 2006, 02:14 PM
NoCatSTI
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb Lessons

I think this is excellent, i had a guy come paint my front wing and told me a few little things about polish etc, and i must say i have had a go...

But you have moved this to a new level, alot of what you are talking about is a bit like code to me sorry if i am being thick but....

What about some sort of get together where you show the less well informed (like me) what products and methods you use.. I have noticed at the meets that some people really do a great job on their cars, (Pippyrips etc) and some like me are sort of trying hard but......

What do the rest of you think, am i the only one who doesnt understand all the products/terms in this excellent thread??

Great job, just think what could be achieved on a great car

Cheers Paul

Ps off on my hols to portugal for a week so forgive me if i dont reply for a few days, cheers
Old 29 September 2006, 02:43 PM
Scudy23
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NoCatSTI
I think this is excellent, i had a guy come paint my front wing and told me a few little things about polish etc, and i must say i have had a go...

But you have moved this to a new level, alot of what you are talking about is a bit like code to me sorry if i am being thick but....

What about some sort of get together where you show the less well informed (like me) what products and methods you use.. I have noticed at the meets that some people really do a great job on their cars, (Pippyrips etc) and some like me are sort of trying hard but......

What do the rest of you think, am i the only one who doesnt understand all the products/terms in this excellent thread??

Cheers Paul

Ps off on my hols to portugal for a week so forgive me if i dont reply for a few days, cheers
Take a look at Mr.Blisses website fella,there you will find awesome work....I have learned what i know off Polished Blisses threads and the guys at DW...these are the guys that are the mutts nuts.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/detailing.html

Av a look there NoCatSti.

What i like about Detailing is that its not valeting....lol

Cheers
Scud

Last edited by Scudy23; 29 September 2006 at 02:48 PM.
Old 29 September 2006, 05:13 PM
NoCatSTI
Scooby Regular

Wink Top work

Thanks Scud

I have done just that, there is a lot to take in, i still wonder about what products to get, it's always good to ask someone who has done it all before.. if you know what i mean

Cheers Paul
Old 29 September 2006, 09:29 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

i will 2nd that I have learned what i know off Polished Blisses threads and all the others that post up on this area of scoobynet
Old 30 September 2006, 10:25 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Scudy23
Yea i know Rich,i would have liked to have taken the wheels off to get in there but had nowhere to do it.Which way do you work things Rich ?
Wheels,arches etc... first then start the body work or other way round ?
The owner was very happy with it,so at the moment that im happy.

Cheers
Scud

P.S Any idea when DW will be back up Richie,bee off a while now.
Back now at last! I do all the crappy jobs first, even ahead of the main wash. So, arches and wheels first, then engine bay if required, then door shuts and sills, then finally the main wash. Then with the car still wet onto claying...
Old 30 September 2006, 10:27 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by NoCatSTI

Cheers Paul

Good observation, I'll try to post in plainer english in future, it does all get very codey and jargon-filled I agree. We do try to hold events where we invite customers along to do demos and discuss products. We've done two full detail demo's this year so far, and we are holding another open day on 22nd October at Star Performance in Fife.