Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Best for Silver

Search this Thread

Old 10 May 2006, 01:46 PM
Stupid Insurance
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best for Silver

I've seen some previous posts suggesting OCW as the best bet for silver, but is that still correct or has it been overtaken?

There is mention of new products arriving later this week from Polished Bliss, so which is best for a Silver Impreza?

P.S. I like to polish a car 2 or 3 times a year at most and wash it a few times in between if really, so it needs to be hardwearing as well as looking good. know that'll upset those who like to clean it daily using cashmere gloves, but I prefer to spend my time driving the thing.
Old 10 May 2006, 09:50 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

If you want a durable, superb looking finish then the wait for the new gear will be worth it. The products I would recommend are...

Jeff Werkstatt Prime (one application)
Jeff Werkstatt Acrylic Jett Trigger (two applications)
Optimum Car Wax (an application after every wash)

I've tried lots of products and product combinations on my silver Leon, but none have come close to doing what the above combination did to my paint. For fours years I tried to get the flake to explode, but only really achieved glossiness and reflectivity. Then the above combination did this...

Now I have massive glossiness, exploding flake and a finish that will last for 6-9 months at a time - happy days!

The only bad news is the first delivery won't be here until the end of May due to an error with the last batch of bottles, which meant the whole lot had to be discarded prior to being shipped. Jeff is working round the clock trying to sort the problem, and has advised a likely shipping date of the 17th plus five days to delivery at this end. As soon as we get it the store will be updated. More news on this range over the coming week.

Old 11 May 2006, 01:02 PM
Stupid Insurance
Scooby Regular

thanks. I'll keep an eye out and place an order when it arrives