Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Supagard.... what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2006, 10:10 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supagard.... what to do?

As part of the sales package on an MY06 i got a supagard treatment (inside and out) and a rather nice looking bag with this that and tho other in it. Washed the car today with the shampoo and i have to say i'm quite pleased how easy it was to wash etc.

Doing a bit of searching on here seems to throw up the inside stuff is good, the outside coating wears off after a few months. So my question is if this is the case and it wears off so quickly should i just start using other products now or wait for it to wear off. I.e should i wax a supagarded car with zymol/autogylm/poorboy etc etc?

Or is the supagrad actually pretty good??

Tony.
Old 08 March 2006, 10:49 PM
flopsy
Scooby Regular

supagard, is good on the inside like you said,but the
outside is rubbish have been putting it on mercs for
years,but it's beter having it than not, so keep it on
and top up with tech wax from meguiares.or something
similar.
chris.
Old 09 March 2006, 02:17 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

supaguard/diamond brite and all the rest of a bit crap TBH

they are not so crap but they do not protect your car like they say they do.

we got a lot of people coming through my carwash and there "kits" tell them to put some conserver on the bonnet and front wings before going into the wash so it spreads over the car.

always makes us laugh as it is blasted off the car by the 1st rinse arches before the car even gets anywhere near the brushes/mops

you can try and explain to them that its no good, and that i have been trained to use the stuff myself in the past and i know its a bit of a rip, but they will not have any of it as it will void there warranty if hey dont put it on the front end

its almost comical, about 10 years ago when i was starting out the ford dealership where i worked were flogging the diamond brite kits for about £200 i think?
after a year you had to come back in for a checkup, after the first year we started getting cars back in, now how do you check for an invisible product? i refused to sign anything as it was a load of **** IMO

the result was a "boss" from the jewel ultradiamond brite company paid us a visit and "trained me" to do the checks

no bull****, he told me to put water on the paint and see if it beaded up
"but that could bead up with ANYTHING on it!" i declared
he looked a bit stumped and told me
"no it will be the diamond brite"

WTF???? pmsl it could have had anything done in a year, paintwork, any kind of wax/polish etc etc

i then asked him how do you check the seats/carpets etc etc, and he told me that you .........

wait for it

spray some water on the seats and see if it beads up ??

or find a dirty stain and give it a wipe with a damp cloth and see if it comes out???
the dealership refused to pay us for these "checkups" so i refused to do them, my boss at the time used to just sign them and hand them back.
the whole thing was a bag of ****

saying that, i had 20 coats of diamond brite on my old white vectra and it looked quite nice (bonus of getting to keep the old bottles!! )

i used to knock the bottles of stage1/2 out to my mates for £5 a shot (might have been £10)
i would do a car like a fiesta, you would only use half a bottle of stage1/2
then when the next one came in you could use the previous bottle and keep the new fresh one, i would goto a cruise, pop the boot open and flog them there and then and they were gone within 10 mins

Last edited by StickyMicky; 09 March 2006 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09 March 2006, 04:36 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

LOL... glad i didn't actually pay for the stuff!!

So the next question is do i just switch to waxing it etc or should i give the car a once over with something to remove the supagard? If so what is recommened?

Tony.
Old 11 March 2006, 03:28 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

wax over IMO

unless the paintwork is a bit rough, which i doubt with it being a newish car
Old 11 March 2006, 08:08 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Cheers, I'm going to give it a wax tomorrow if the rain holds off.

I washed the car on wednesday and it's not that dirty but the paint is so dull, what a load of sh*te this stuff is. I'll get rid of the valet pack using it on the bike

Tony.

Ps i hope the paintwork isn't rough, it's only just over a week old