Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Whats best for my green scooby???

Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2006, 12:18 PM
orton4402
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats best for my green scooby???

Whats the best stuff to use to get my metalic green paintwork shinning its not the peermint type green it's the dark green caould anyone tell me the best product to use also where i can get the product from thanks!!! any pics of your green scooby shinning after using the product would be nice to see aswel!
Old 27 February 2006, 12:43 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

How noticeable is the metallic flake in the paint?
Old 27 February 2006, 12:55 PM
robertdon777
Scooby Regular

Have a look at this link and then speek to Rich at Polishedbliss who can sort you with the right products.

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=495760

Rob
Old 27 February 2006, 07:12 PM
orton4402
Scooby Regular

its the same car as the post above u cant notice the flake alot! were can i get one of those handy little electric buffers from are they pricey??
Old 27 February 2006, 09:57 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Hello mate, I would treat that shade of green to one of two combinations, which I've also recommended for the WR Blue (as the tone is similar). They are...

The first option is the full Menzerna USA range. This range has only just hit UK shores, but it's been around in the US for 4 years now, and it's already legendary. And for good reason, as it gives the most insane reflections I've ever seen - so much depth and clarity it's almost unreal. However, there is no glow, and only a middling amount of wetness. In terms of ease of use, all of the products are a joy. The polishes can be used by hand or machine (Menzerna Werk are a German company, and renowned for the quality of abrasives they produce - all major car manufacturers use Menzerna polishes on the production line - Menzerna Werk are not interested in the consumer market, but an offshoot company, Menzerna USA, has licenced the abrasives and produces the range I stock). The Full Molecular Jacket sealant is simply awesome, and it's shown on a similar shade of blue on the S3 shown in one of the example detail threads I posted in the car care section.

The second option is a wax finish, and for this colour, I feel the best product combination would be Clearkote Vanilla Moose Glaze, then two thin coats of Poorboy's EX-P sealant, and then finally two coats of Poorboy's Natty's Blue paste wax. This is an all time classic combination for metallic finishes, as it gives a very wet, glossy look whilst still allowing the metallic flake to sing out in the sun. The EX-P isn't the easiest product to use, but the results it gives makes it worthwhile. Adding the EX-P beneath the wax improves the depth in the reflections no end, meaning that you get the best of both worlds - a wet, glossy finish with great reflections.

As for the buffer, it's a dual action unit, made by Porter Cable (7424). They are simply excellent, and will set you back around £150-£200 once you have bought all the pads and a transformer (you can only buy it from the US, so it's 110V as standard). More info on it in the polish guide on my site - click the link below...

How to safely polish your paint by hand or machine

Old 28 February 2006, 02:11 PM
robertdon777
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by orton4402
its the same car as the post above u cant notice the flake alot! were can i get one of those handy little electric buffers from are they pricey??

The flakes are very fine on this paint they only really glow when in direct sunlight, then they pop and the car looks a totally different colour almost taking on a bluey tinge to the green.

Please note the pics in the pic were straight after a mildly abbrasive polish and havn't been topped with any glaze, sealent or wax which always help add depth to the shine and make the flake stand out much more.

As Rich says i'd use Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze/EXP/Natty's Blue which is the combo I have and will be using after i have finished polishing the rest of the car.

I'll get some pics up for you when i,ve put the combo on so you can have a look (weather permitting)

Rob

Last edited by robertdon777; 28 February 2006 at 02:21 PM.
Old 28 February 2006, 02:53 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Nice one Rob, look forward to seeing the final results.
Old 01 March 2006, 01:53 PM
orton4402
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the info lads do you do a complete package price for all the products i need as in the wax and all that stuff also with the wash mits and towels ive had a look on the polishbliss website and seen all the products so wondered if you could put it all together for me the stuff i need to get my car gleaming starting from wash mitts up as im starting from scratch with not even a sponge to star of with ha ha. So would you be up for getting all the stuff i rerquire and putting a package price on it??? let me know if this is possible cheers!!!
Old 01 March 2006, 05:50 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Yes, we can do a package - drop me an e-mail or give me a ring, we can take things from there (contact details on the site).