Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Polished Bliss Car Care Guides

Search this Thread

Old 21 February 2006, 04:51 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Polished Bliss Car Care Guides

Whilst we have strived to make the product descriptions and how to guides on our site as comprehensive as possible, we realise that car care is a broad subject and that we won't have covered everything in as much detail as some would like. Therefore, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch - we are here to help.

Safe washing and drying

Decontaminating paint

What does polishing do?

What polish should I use?

Choosing paint protection

Quick detailing - the facts

Caring for wheels and tyres

Caring for modern engines

Caring for interior surfaces

Last edited by Rich @ PB; 06 January 2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04 September 2006, 03:24 PM
Andy M3
Scooby Regular

I saw the Leon at Trax. Looked fantastic!
Old 04 September 2006, 03:32 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Cheers! Survived the 500 mile trip down without getting too mucky - a quick wash and spritz with quik detailer brought it up nicely.
Old 20 October 2007, 03:32 PM
RB5 Boyo
Scooby Regular

Cool What polish??

Hi there, just a quick one....ive read thru ur guides there but am still a bit confused as to what polish i would be best to use!!

I have a 1999 'steel blue' (metallic dark grey) impreza which was resprayed a year ago so has good fresh paint!!

I am looking for a polish that will last long and is easy applied, but i really really want a 'wet look' paint finish??

I wash my car at least two times a week and also live on a dirty country road so i want a good lasting polish that will also help aid washing.

I wouldnt mind giving a quick spray polish every week or two in addition to polishing, but would like a polish that will last a few months and not dissappear after a few washes....

If u have any info as to what would be best for me or if u could supply me a combo/pack please get in touch. I would also require delivery to northern ireland!!

P.S I was talking to a fella recently who said he used a polish that was a dry substance which went to a watery substance when rubbed between ur hands, and he then applied it to the car by hand, i.e no cloth?? Sounds like a good polish for me maybe, but with the winter comming in and the damp weather conditions i would also maybe need a polish that could be used in damp conditions??

Sure u can let me know what u think matey.

Cheers

Kevin
Old 22 October 2007, 09:00 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Hi Kevin, given all that you list you want from a set of products, and the colour of your car, I would strongly recommend the Jeffs Werkstatt Acrylic system. It is explained, along with piccies of a similar coloured BMW on this thread...

https://www.scoobynet.com/car-care-3...hite-grey.html

Here is the routine that I would follow if I had your car and was subject to the conditions you list...

Wash (ideally every week)

Basic Wash Kit - Basic Wash Kit

Use the above as described in this guide for safe and effective results: Car Care and Detailing Advice - How to wash and dry your car safely and effectively

Clean (ideally once every 6-12 months)

Meguiars Quik Clay - Meguiars Quik Clay

Use the above as described in this guide for safe and effective results: Car Care and Detailing Advice - How to clean your paint in preparation for polishing or protection

Polish/Protect (polish lightly after claying, top up protection every 6-8 weeks)

Jeffs Werkstatt Acrylic Kit - JEFFS Werkstatt Acrylic Kit

The Jeffs Werkstatt Acrylic Kit is a sealant-based system that looks great on metallic finishes, and offers terrific durability. The kit also comes with all the necessary applicator pads and buffing towels. The Prime Acrylic basecoat is a deep paint cleanser that also lays down a tough initial coat of protection; you should use it once every six months after claying (it serves as a light finishing polish to further cleanse the paint). Acrylic Jett Trigger is a pure spray sealant that should be used to add more gloss and durable protection every 6-8 weeks; the more layers you build up, the better the finish will get. The Acrylic Glos is a quick detailer, and can be used to boost gloss and lubricate when drying off after washing, and to loosen the residues of Prime and Trigger if you find them hard to remove. Here are some simple instructions for using the kit...

After initial wash and claying steps to remove loose and bonded surface contaminants respectively, start out by applying a basecoat of Prime Acrylic using the white side of the Ultimate German Applicator Pad, and buff off this residue using the blue Poorboy's Super Thick & Plush Towel, using a spritz of Acrylic Glos to help loosen the residue if needs be. Then apply a coat of Acrylic Jett Trigger by spraying onto one of the coral Poorboy's Deluxe Mega Towels, wiping over the panel and then buffing off with the other Poorboy's Deluxe Mega Towel, again using a spritz of Acrylic Glos to help loosen the residue if needs be. Then simply add a fresh coat of Acrylic Jett Trigger every 6-8 weeks until the time comes to clay the car again, usually 6-12 months later.

The extra good news is that this kit is currently on offer, as part of our Werkstatt for Winter campaign - this system really is great for winter use, see here for more details...

https://www.scoobynet.com/car-care-3...tt-winter.html

Old 23 October 2007, 12:10 AM
RB5 Boyo
Scooby Regular

Default Thanks mate....

Thanks mate for all the info there....you have made my mind up!!

What is the best deal you could do me for a lambswool wash mit and waffle weave towel, and the Werkstatt Acrylic Kit for my car, all delivered to northern ireland??

Will you accept postal order/cheque or what is ur preferred payment??

You can PM me or post here, and thanks again for your help!!

Kevin
Old 24 October 2007, 07:55 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

The lambswool mitt and waffle weave towel are £8.95 each, while the Jeffs kit is currently on special offer at £42.25 (10% off the usual price). The p&p charge would be £5.95, giving a grand total of £66.10 delivered to your door in NI. You can pay by cheque/postal order or credit/debit card (either via the site or over the phone). If you send the payment in the address is...

Polished Bliss
Unit 7, Craigearn Business Park
Morrison Way, Kintore
AB51 0TH
United Kingdom

...or if you phone, the number is...

0845 4540017

Old 24 October 2007, 08:28 PM
RB5 Boyo
Scooby Regular

Cool Polshed Bliss Pack....

Originally Posted by Polished Bliss
The lambswool mitt and waffle weave towel are £8.95 each, while the Jeffs kit is currently on special offer at £42.25 (10% off the usual price). The p&p charge would be £5.95, giving a grand total of £66.10 delivered to your door in NI. You can pay by cheque/postal order or credit/debit card (either via the site or over the phone). If you send the payment in the address is...

Polished Bliss
Unit 7, Craigearn Business Park
Morrison Way, Kintore
AB51 0TH
United Kingdom

...or if you phone, the number is...

0845 4540017

Cheers mate, expect a call very soon ....when I get the pay packet in at the end of the month