Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

How do I make silver look good?

Search this Thread

Old 21 February 2006, 03:19 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb How do I make silver look good?

A common question often thrown at me is how do you make silver look good? Silver cars are better at hiding stone chips and swirls than darker cars, but the down side is that it is harder to make them really shine and stand out from the crowd. After a fair bit of experimenting I’ve found the answer. Optimum Car Wax (OCW). This product is amazing – spray on, wipe off immediately with a buffing microfibre, then stand back in amazement. It really is that good. A further bonus is that it adds both sealant and carnuba wax protection at the same time, making it extremely durable. It can also be layered to build up a really wet finish, which is why it works so well on silver. Here’s some examples…

The pictures below were taken at the start of August. The previous major detail was only done 4 weeks previously, when I used Poorboys SSR1 to remove some swirls, then Klasse All in One (AIO) to add a basecoat of protection and finally P21S carnuba wax as my last step product. For this detail, I simply washed it really well with Poorboys Super Slick n Suds shampoo and then finished with a single layer of OCW.

Several months on, and after 4-5 further applications of OCW, my car looks even wetter, with really deep reflections. This is hard to achieve on silver, and really proves what OCW can do. In the pictures below I also redressed the tyres with Poorboys Bold n Bright. The interior was vacuumed and all hard surfaces dressed with 303 Protectant. I finally gave the engine bay a once over, dressing all plastic and rubber surfaces with 303 Protectant and adding a coat of OCW to all painted surfaces.

Last edited by Rich @ PB; 21 February 2006 at 11:33 PM.
Old 23 February 2006, 01:07 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

go on then ile have some

where do I send the money?

james (my94 silver wrx wagon) (happy to do before and after shots as well )
Old 23 February 2006, 01:23 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just visit www.polishedbliss.co.uk and shop away - all details on the site.