Notices
Bugs / Feature Requests Archive This is a read only forum containing old policy topics.

Choice of anonimity

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2009, 11:55 AM
Lateral Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Choice of anonymity

There is an option on the "User CP" allowing someone to be "transparent", when logged in.

With the new SN version, It doesn't appear to work. Not only has the transparency been removed, but it appears to leave a log of everywhere I've been !

I have good reason for not wanting people knowing everywhere I go, so please can this feature be sorted out ???

Mark.

Last edited by Lateral Performance; 07 March 2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07 March 2009, 03:52 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is an option called "Visitor Tracking" that can be enabled or disabled in the forum software's "User Profile Options". The problem is that this global and therefore it would turn it off for all users.

It's quite probable that one could add a new profile field option and edit a template to check for the value of this option thus allow you to define if this information is visible to others or not. As an aside, I'm looking at my setup here to see if I can work out how to do it.

Obviously as IB owns the forum software an SN, they'll have access to programming types that could knock this up, however, wether they'd do this is another question. Part of the reason why things are slow/buggy or options are missing is because of the many, many template edits that were made to the old version of SN, and they are having to go through the code to find all of these, figure out how they work, and see if they will work as is in the new forum software, or if they'd need to be modified and if so, is it worth doing this. Thus adding another template edit to allow this option is something they may not wish to do.