Notices
Bugs / Feature Requests Archive This is a read only forum containing old policy topics.

Comments on the new look

Search this Thread

Old 03 March 2009, 02:30 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comments on the new look

Some of the new features look interesting and I'll certainly be having a look at them.

I've picked up on a couple of things however, pretty minor, but I'll report them anyway.

The background color for most of the main option windows (Post New Thread, Edit Options in your profile, Post Quick Reply to mention a few) isn't the usual color (I think it was a light grey color), it's now a light blue. I think the style just needs a quick color change on one of the items.

The second thing is the forum width. I could be wrong, but I'm sure the side borders, when you had the viewing option set to "full width" were smaller, possibly even not present. In the current stat the main thread listing isn't taking up as much width as it could. I can understand that this might be due to the design, as everything, the threads and the side ads now fit under the main banner, and thus looks nice and neat, however, it does mean less space is available for the thread listing. Would it be at all possible to have the "full width" option expand the actual forum content to fill the browser window. I know this would foul the look of things as the content would now be wider than the actual logo (unless of course you simply expand the width of the title banner, looking at the image, it seems the gradient could be expanded without it being degraded) but it wold be worth it.

The multi-quote button icon does not match the Edit and Quote button icons

Apart from those minor quibbles, it does look good, and a big "well done" to those involved in getting 3.7+ and SN working together.

Last edited by Markus; 03 March 2009 at 02:36 AM.
Old 03 March 2009, 07:12 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

It looks ****e under safari 4