Notices
Bugs / Feature Requests Archive This is a read only forum containing old policy topics.

Points system for helpful/correct answers

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2008, 05:10 PM
scoobz72
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Points system for helpful/correct answers

To whom it may concern,

How about a Q & A section or additionally on existing forums to have a point system in place? At Nestle they use 5 points for a helpful answer, 10 points for a correct answer on their forums.

This could be for any trivial matters from car fuses to engine problems. This brings out the experince of the forum users who have rectified problems using the supplied information. The user who asked can then award points depending on the outcome.
Just an idea, it works for SAP so why not for cars?
Old 14 October 2008, 06:12 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was tried and tested a while back and it ended up being so abused with some people being negatively rated just for the hell of it that it was withdrawn.

Search on "Rep System", there's plenty of opinions!

Who knows, they may try again some time?
Old 14 October 2008, 11:34 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

the rep system in the past was not given a proper shot. it was bailed on long before it had a chance to be managed correctly.

Having said that, I think this needs serious consideration.

I actually think its a really good idea, but will take a lot of work and careful moderation to make it really work well.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, I think its a really good one, and a delight to read something positive in here! I'll have a good think about how to make it work well, and will discuss it with IB.
Old 15 October 2008, 11:32 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Webby,

I suggest you also solicit feedback and ideas from the members of the board. Look at the big changes that have been rolled out and sometimes back again over the years such as the rep system, infractions, site layout, search and the whole dig, furl, etc. Most of us are basically a bunch of Luddites resisting major change. The one common thing about all of those changes was they were revolution style things rather than evolution with the exception of the site layout.

All I'm suggesting is get us members involved and thinking about how it might work rather than rolling something out and getting the inevitable response of "system xyz is crap"

Just my humble view,

Rich