Notices
Bugs / Feature Requests Archive This is a read only forum containing old policy topics.

Unjustified Infraction Reporting Option

Search this Thread

Old 24 October 2007, 01:36 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unjustified Infraction Reporting Option

Currently if you get an infraction that you consider to be unjustified you are requied to post up a thread in Policy and explain why you feel it's unjustified. This opens up things to public debate, and as has been seen in the past, things can get somewhat heated.

My suggestion is to add a "report as unjustified" button next to the "Received Infraction" text, and/or in the list of infraction in your usercp.

This would only be visible to the user (if it's displayed by the post) whose post was infracted. When clicked it would allow you to send a message where you can detail why you think the infraction was unjustified. This message would include a link to the post that was infracted.

The idea here is that it would keep the reporting of unjustified infractions private between the person who was infracted and those who can deal with the situation.

I'll be honest and say this idea does have some basis around the couple of infractions I have been given. I could, and may, start an Unjustified Infraction thread in policy, but I am pretty sure if I did then people would pop up and snipe about me complaining about the infractions, and things would descend from there, with or without me posting anything further. I could just PM the admin team about it, but there is a system in place to deal with it and that should be used, but as mentioned, I know what may happen if I do, so a more private method may be an idea.
There may well be others in the same situation who wish to complain about the infractions, but don't wish to start a public debate about it.
Old 25 October 2007, 01:24 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To be honest, the balance is ok as it is.

The problem with this more simple to activate (for the user) system, is that we would be inundated. Unless of course we made everyone read a big explanation before clicking it - which I guess is viable.

Its a fair bit of work, and as things stand, we're just ignoring the threads unless they are posted in line with the policy that is there for all to see.

Thanks again for yet another helpful suggestion Markus, but its probably not necessary at this time.

Simon