Notices
Bugs / Feature Requests Archive This is a read only forum containing old policy topics.

Urgent (well, maybe)

Search this Thread

Old 06 May 2005, 05:44 PM
Trashman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Urgent (well, maybe)

Is something screwy happening to the database? I've notice funny things on a few threads, latest being:

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=424716

On the main page it says last post @ 17.31 by ru' yet the last post is most definitley Bob Rawles (or was at the time). Noticed this before on a thread I posted on - I was the last poster yet the front page didn't show it (as the latest post in that forum) nor was the forum view showing that I had posted at all and the last post time was that of the previous poster.

Tried CTRL & F5 in case it was an old page stuck in a proxy cache somewhere but no change.

Just wondered if it was a sign of corruption in the database? (knowing that 'drivetrain' mysteriously disappeared - where's it's description BTW?)

Edit: Noticed the last 2 posts have now appeared but the thread view definitely ended on page 1! Is this some kind of move to stop cornering ?

Edit 2: There is something wrong with that thread - forum view shows 20 replies and yet there are 22 posts? Surely the replies should be one less than the number of posts?

Last edited by Trashman; 06 May 2005 at 05:51 PM.
Old 06 May 2005, 09:11 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Have some posts been deleted ?
Old 07 May 2005, 01:05 PM
Trashman
Scooby Regular

Nope. Noticed it corrected itself later on last night. Very strange - maybe the database re-indexes itself every now and then and you get a delay with what is displayed.