Notices
Bugs / Feature Requests Archive This is a read only forum containing old policy topics.

Runtime error every time i post?>

Search this Thread

Old 14 March 2004, 06:29 PM
Avi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Runtime error every time i post?>

Anyone any ideas, this allways comes up after i have posted a reply, on both my pc's here and at work!

Cheers

Andy

Others get it too :http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=310355
Old 14 March 2004, 10:25 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a bug in the Javascript embeded on the page dynamically generated by the BBS software as a result of your posted reply. The bug itself needs fixing on ther server (will probably be done some time after the search ), but the reason it is manifesting itself in such an intrusive way for you is that you have script debugging enabled in IE (well I think that's the reason anyway).

In IE Go to Tools - Internet Options - Advanced and check the 'Disable Script Debugging' box on the Browsing part of the Advanced options. CLlck OK and you should then no longer get the dialogue box, but you will still see a little yellow warning triangle at the bottom left of the page. This tells you there is an error on the page, but doesn't interfere with the page's rendition. This is what everyone else will be seeing - i.e. it is not an error specific to your browser/internet connection config.

Hope this helps - if not don't blame me as apparently I'm a simplistic fool who has no concept of web software engineering (don't ask ).

Regards,

tiggers.