Notices
Bugs / Feature Requests Archive This is a read only forum containing old policy topics.

Missing Notifications

Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2004, 09:01 PM
scoobylav
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Missing Notifications

I seem to be not getting notified when there is a post to a thread I am subscribed to. At first I thought I must have forgotten to subscribe to the thread but then yesterday I started a new thread and made sure I was subscribed to it. Then I checked the thread later and there had been a reply but I did not recieve an E-Mail stating that it had been made.

Please could you look into this and let me know your findings.

Thanks,

Ian
Old 21 February 2004, 12:08 AM
zhastaph
Scooby Regular

Is this some threads or all?

If it is all, then;

The thread subscription on the new SN is different to the old one. Where before you were emailed each time activity occured on a thread with the new SN you can either have a maintained list of subscribed threads, instant email notification or daily notification.

In order to change your default method of subscription go into the user control panel and edit the setting under "Default Thread Subscription Mode". Click here to jump to CP.
Old 21 February 2004, 12:14 AM
zhastaph
Scooby Regular

Actually, it would probably pay to ignore me. I think if you do that, you may get spammed by SN everytime any activity occurs on a thread you've subscribed to.

However, if you look at the subscribed threads there is a tick box to the right of them, tick this. Then down the bottom of the screen it has a drop down box that says "Selected Threads:" next to it, set this to "Instant Email Notification" then press Go. In theory this should set all the subscribed threads that are ticked to instant email notification. Though I haven't tried it as I suspect that it will ignore posts from myself.

Last edited by zhastaph; 21 February 2004 at 12:18 AM. Reason: To add something that might actually be of some use
Old 23 February 2004, 09:44 AM
scoobylav
Scooby Regular

All the threads I am subscribed to are set to instant notification and sometimes I do get notified but then sometimes I don't !!! even on the same thread. I do make sure I go to the thread every time there is a reply also so it isn't for that reason either