Notices
Bugs / Feature Requests Archive This is a read only forum containing old policy topics.

Restricted Access Forum

Search this Thread

Old 24 November 2002, 11:06 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Muppets, god love em!

IanW has a thread up at the moment about acceptable content, ie; bbs is publically viewable, thus content should not exceed 12A limits, which is fair enough.

I know that most 12 year olds know more about sex, drugs, rock and roll, and Enemim than I do, however, that's not the point.

What I am wondering is if it's possible to have a restricted forum, I know, I know, we don't need another muppets, and it'd be a shame to restrict the muppet forum, but.... maybe it's something to consider.

What I envisage is that when you register, or on your profile, for existing users, it asks for your birthday, you tap it in, if it means you are over, hmmmm, 16? 18? prob 18, then you can acces the restricted forum, where more or less anything goes, yes, still moderated, and yes, still an acceptable use policy, this aint 'The mens room' after all.

This could stop the poor mods from having to keep mentioning acceptable use. Yes, I'm a champion of the moderators (think it's actually called brown nosing! lol )

Not sure if this is an idea you'd entertain, or even if the software supports it, would not want a rewrite or code change just for this.

Just trying to be helpful.
Old 24 November 2002, 06:18 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd rather have a female only forum where I can be the only bloke to be given permission to post in it..