Notices
Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

impreza number 3..........hawk sti

Old 30 October 2018, 07:54 PM
  #91  
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (30)
 
bustaMOVEs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The 2dr club
Posts: 12,822
Default

Originally Posted by the shreksta View Post
arrow and omega make them for rcm dont they?
yes, you can also get from arrow direct if you know part number, but omega are reluctant to sell for subaru and advise to go to their sellers i.e. Rcm as they have rights for omega pistons for subaru iirc.
bustaMOVEs is offline  
Old 31 October 2018, 07:22 PM
  #92  
the shreksta
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (20)
 
the shreksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: hinckley
Posts: 7,205
Default

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs View Post

yes, you can also get from arrow direct if you know part number, but omega are reluctant to sell for subaru and advise to go to their sellers i.e. Rcm as they have rights for omega pistons for subaru iirc.
ok buddy I will speak with mark @ thwaites about them, I was going to use Manley H-tuff rods and my current 2618 Mahle pistons.
the shreksta is offline  
Old 31 October 2018, 10:50 PM
  #93  
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (30)
 
bustaMOVEs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The 2dr club
Posts: 12,822
Default

Originally Posted by the shreksta View Post
ok buddy I will speak with mark @ thwaites about them, I was going to use Manley H-tuff rods and my current 2618 Mahle pistons.
although mahle are decent pistons they have had their share of redesign over the years etc due to errors etc, I've seen a mahle 2618 piston fold over like a piece of plastercine, look like it melted, but that problem has been revised and rectified etc, but doesn't really give me confidence in them tbh, some go bad in everything but I've seen it with my own eyes and no ones knows how it was caused which only points to meterial comtent (was replaced by mahle).
my 2 pence worth. Hence I went with omega as on all the different marque of cars they do I don't think I can find any fault or problems
bustaMOVEs is offline  
Old 02 January 2019, 11:33 AM
  #94  
the shreksta
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (20)
 
the shreksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: hinckley
Posts: 7,205
Default

so not alot to update at the minute, the car hasnt moved in about 3-4 weeks and as such the battery has gone flat again. i now have a ctek battery conditioner so will get that hooked up once ive jump started it. in no rush at the minute as i recently dislocated my shoulder/fractured my shoulder blade along with bicep/chest injuries so im out of action for a while.

regarding the build.......it will still be happening but i wont be pushing for 500bhp now due to costs/other financial requirements but i will be heading for anywhere between 420-450bhp.

once im able to drive a manual again i will pop over to thwaites to get an exact quote for the build.

best turbo for 420-450bhp on a 2.5............give recommendations please
the shreksta is offline  
Old 08 February 2019, 07:34 PM
  #95  
the shreksta
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (20)
 
the shreksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: hinckley
Posts: 7,205
Default

well all quotes are in now from the tuners i have contacted. really dont know who to use now............
the shreksta is offline  
Old 08 February 2019, 07:41 PM
  #96  
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: far, far west
Posts: 1,932
Default

It would be interesting to compare them all. Hope you are on the mend now, injuries like that take a fair time to recover from .
hedgecutter is offline  
Old 08 February 2019, 07:46 PM
  #97  
bonesetter
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (9)
 
bonesetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Midlands
Posts: 3,456
Default

Originally Posted by the shreksta View Post
well all quotes are in now from the tuners i have contacted. really dont know who to use now............
How much they charge is your main criteria?
bonesetter is offline  
Old 08 February 2019, 07:49 PM
  #98  
the shreksta
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (20)
 
the shreksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: hinckley
Posts: 7,205
Default

Originally Posted by hedgecutter View Post
It would be interesting to compare them all. Hope you are on the mend now, injuries like that take a fair time to recover from .
tell me about it, its been 2 months now and i still have alot of pain and not alot of range of motion. had my 1st physio session this week
the shreksta is offline  
Old 08 February 2019, 07:52 PM
  #99  
the shreksta
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (20)
 
the shreksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: hinckley
Posts: 7,205
Default

Originally Posted by bonesetter View Post
How much they charge is your main criteria?
erm not really, there is only 2k between the cheapest and the most expensive. im looking more at what i actually want and who can give me that and future map tweaks/maintenance etc. its catch 22 as my preferred local specialist dont do the ecu i would like which is a shame.
the shreksta is offline  
Old 10 February 2019, 07:23 PM
  #100  
the shreksta
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (20)
 
the shreksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: hinckley
Posts: 7,205
Default

well............SHE LIVES FINALLY.

managed to jump start her from my jeep today since i parked her up 8 weeks ago due to my broken shoulder, i pulled the fuel pump fuse to dry crank it but it disabled the starter circuit so i quick timed the ignition start/stop maybe 15 times and then fired her up, she started fine with no rattles/smoke etc. i let her idle for 15 mins then took her out for an hour or so.................loved it
the shreksta is offline  
Old 19 February 2019, 10:12 PM
  #101  
Sti.it.to.em
Scooby Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Derby
Posts: 15
Default

Originally Posted by the shreksta View Post
so im back in another impreza-couldnt keep away to be honest.

its a late 07 hawk sti

engine

forged 2.5 with a closed deck block built and mapped by scoobyclinic running 351bhp
mahle pistons
std rods with arp bolts
new crank
acl bearings
cosworth gaskets
heads fully rebuilt with upgraded valves/springs and retainers

cr turbos rebuilt and fettled with vf43 turbo
japspeed fmic
scoobyclinic induction kit
full set of silicone hoses
extreme lightweight flywheel
ap racing clutch
forge dump valve
denso 750cc injectors
3" de-cat downpipe
afterburner vortex backbox
hsd coilovers
perrin wing stiffies
defi gauges in dash pod
xxr 527 in a custom gunmetal paint

car has only covered 70k and is pretty much mint apart from a slight crease in the paint on rear bumber and a large stone chip on the front bumber.

future plans-

front and rear bumper respray along with spraying my fmic in silver

set of big brakes or refurb the brembos and a set of godspeed 2 piece discs

the hsd's are rusted solid so a set of bc's along with various bushes if needed and an anti-lift kit.

tyres all past their best so will order a set of vredestein ultrac sessanta from camskill as they are only 75 each at the minute.

would like a set of dtm mirrors but cant seem to find any

would also like to push more power but as its on std rods i guess im limited somewhat even though it has a closed deck block,perhaps 400bhp is
possible..........


how do we rate scooby clinic maps / mapping?! Anybody?
Or alternative remmaping go-tos
Sti.it.to.em is offline  
Old 19 February 2019, 10:14 PM
  #102  
Sti.it.to.em
Scooby Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Derby
Posts: 15
Default

Originally Posted by the shreksta View Post
so im back in another impreza-couldnt keep away to be honest.

its a late 07 hawk sti

engine

forged 2.5 with a closed deck block built and mapped by scoobyclinic running 351bhp
mahle pistons
std rods with arp bolts
new crank
acl bearings
cosworth gaskets
heads fully rebuilt with upgraded valves/springs and retainers

cr turbos rebuilt and fettled with vf43 turbo
japspeed fmic
scoobyclinic induction kit
full set of silicone hoses
extreme lightweight flywheel
ap racing clutch
forge dump valve
denso 750cc injectors
3" de-cat downpipe
afterburner vortex backbox
hsd coilovers
perrin wing stiffies
defi gauges in dash pod
xxr 527 in a custom gunmetal paint

car has only covered 70k and is pretty much mint apart from a slight crease in the paint on rear bumber and a large stone chip on the front bumber.

future plans-

front and rear bumper respray along with spraying my fmic in silver

set of big brakes or refurb the brembos and a set of godspeed 2 piece discs

the hsd's are rusted solid so a set of bc's along with various bushes if needed and an anti-lift kit.

tyres all past their best so will order a set of vredestein ultrac sessanta from camskill as they are only 75 each at the minute.

would like a set of dtm mirrors but cant seem to find any

would also like to push more power but as its on std rods i guess im limited somewhat even though it has a closed deck block,perhaps 400bhp is
possible..........


how do we rate scooby clinic maps / mapping?! Anybody?
Or alternative remmaping go-tos?
Sti.it.to.em is offline  
Old 20 February 2019, 07:19 PM
  #103  
the shreksta
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (20)
 
the shreksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: hinckley
Posts: 7,205
Default

Originally Posted by Sti.it.to.em View Post
how do we rate scooby clinic maps / mapping?! Anybody?
Or alternative remmaping go-tos?
yeah all good from the clinic mate, mine runs superb and boosts fine
the shreksta is offline  
Old 20 February 2019, 07:49 PM
  #104  
Sti.it.to.em
Scooby Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Derby
Posts: 15
Default

Originally Posted by the shreksta View Post
yeah all good from the clinic mate, mine runs superb and boosts fine
thanks. They are looking like the option atm unless im told otherwise...
Sti.it.to.em is offline  
Old 21 February 2019, 06:28 PM
  #105  
the shreksta
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (20)
 
the shreksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: hinckley
Posts: 7,205
Default

Originally Posted by Sti.it.to.em View Post
thanks. They are looking like the option atm unless im told otherwise...
yeah you should be fine with them mate, my engine was built and mapped by them back in 2016 and it doesnt use a drop of oil and always starts 1st turn of the key. done around 12k on the engine now
the shreksta is offline  
Old 21 February 2019, 07:06 PM
  #106  
Sti.it.to.em
Scooby Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Derby
Posts: 15
Default

Originally Posted by the shreksta View Post
yeah you should be fine with them mate, my engine was built and mapped by them back in 2016 and it doesnt use a drop of oil and always starts 1st turn of the key. done around 12k on the engine now
great to know! Thanks!
Sti.it.to.em is offline  
Old 24 April 2019, 04:16 PM
  #107  
the shreksta
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (20)
 
the shreksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: hinckley
Posts: 7,205
Default

Another pass on the old mot, turns out I have only driven 1300 miles since last April........I must try and drive her more.
The tester said he was really impressed with it and it was a pleasure to mot it. He has said that the underside would benefit from a good clean and some sort of treatment which i will get sorted this year. All in all for a 12 year old jap ****-box it's a good-un......

Happy days
the shreksta is offline  
Old 26 April 2019, 07:19 PM
  #108  
Midnight Runner
Scooby Regular
 
Midnight Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: North Wales/Chester
Posts: 794
Default

Lovely motor mate
Midnight Runner is offline  
Old 26 April 2019, 07:24 PM
  #109  
the shreksta
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (20)
 
the shreksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: hinckley
Posts: 7,205
Default

Originally Posted by Midnight Runner View Post
Lovely motor mate
thanks buddy she certainly is clean for her age
the shreksta is offline  
Old 29 April 2019, 08:37 AM
  #110  
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: far, far west
Posts: 1,932
Default

Glad you are on the mend enough to enjoy the motor again.
hedgecutter is offline  
Old 29 April 2019, 03:58 PM
  #111  
the shreksta
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (20)
 
the shreksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: hinckley
Posts: 7,205
Default

Originally Posted by hedgecutter View Post
Glad you are on the mend enough to enjoy the motor again.
shoulder is on the mend now but ive just been diagnosed with an illness which was a little un-expected..............seems to be 1 thing after another the older ya get
the shreksta is offline  
Old 29 April 2019, 04:04 PM
  #112  
Russell38
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Kent
Posts: 249
Default

Originally Posted by the shreksta View Post
shoulder is on the mend now but ive just been diagnosed with an illness which was a little un-expected..............seems to be 1 thing after another the older ya get
I hope it's nothing serious Shreksta all the best mate
Russell38 is offline  
Old 29 April 2019, 04:14 PM
  #113  
the shreksta
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (20)
 
the shreksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: hinckley
Posts: 7,205
Default

Originally Posted by Russell38 View Post
I hope it's nothing serious Shreksta all the best mate
cheers buddy, i have been referred to the specialist so will see what they say about it all.
the shreksta is offline  
Old 30 April 2019, 12:25 AM
  #114  
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: far, far west
Posts: 1,932
Default

Originally Posted by the shreksta View Post
shoulder is on the mend now but ive just been diagnosed with an illness which was a little un-expected..............seems to be 1 thing after another the older ya get
Sorry to hear that. I had a bit of a setback 4 years ago, aged 49; before that I had a relatively physical job and felt pretty invincible, so I get that. I was self employed and unable to work for nearly a year, so things were going **** up. But it actually made me, when I was well enough, go and do something that I had always wanted to do. Silver linings and all that. Good luck, I'm sure it will be sorted quickly.
hedgecutter is offline  
Old 30 April 2019, 06:23 PM
  #115  
the shreksta
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (20)
 
the shreksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: hinckley
Posts: 7,205
Default

Originally Posted by hedgecutter View Post
Sorry to hear that. I had a bit of a setback 4 years ago, aged 49; before that I had a relatively physical job and felt pretty invincible, so I get that. I was self employed and unable to work for nearly a year, so things were going **** up. But it actually made me, when I was well enough, go and do something that I had always wanted to do. Silver linings and all that. Good luck, I'm sure it will be sorted quickly.
good to know you made it and hopefully no long lasting damage. nobody is invincible buddy even though we all think we are.
the shreksta is offline  
Old 19 May 2019, 01:38 PM
  #116  
the shreksta
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (20)
 
the shreksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: hinckley
Posts: 7,205
Default

Blob lights fitted and a quick clean........much better


the shreksta is offline  
Old 19 May 2019, 04:30 PM
  #117  
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
RAGGY DOO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Avoid bob Rawle
Posts: 2,754
Default

Car looks very welll my man
RAGGY DOO is offline  
Old 19 May 2019, 05:19 PM
  #118  
Marky1968
Scooby Regular
 
Marky1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Somerset
Posts: 103
Default

Car looks awesome mate, a fine example and nice and shiny, lovely work.....
Marky1968 is offline  
Old 19 May 2019, 06:02 PM
  #119  
the shreksta
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (20)
 
the shreksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: hinckley
Posts: 7,205
Default

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO View Post
Car looks very welll my man
thanks raggy she is a really clean example
the shreksta is offline  
Old 19 May 2019, 06:03 PM
  #120  
the shreksta
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (20)
 
the shreksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: hinckley
Posts: 7,205
Default

Originally Posted by Marky1968 View Post
Car looks awesome mate, a fine example and nice and shiny, lovely work.....
cheers mark mate, hope to get the power steering issue sorted this week
the shreksta is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: impreza number 3..........hawk sti


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.