ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Engine tuner does it again

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2015, 07:50 AM
joe v3sti
Scooby Regular

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Engine tuner does it again

Right I'll make this brief..... Lately I've been having a couple of issues with a component on my car so early on last week I removed it and sit it back to the manufacturer. Thinking about it now it was a stupid idea because at the weekend I had 2 events 22b sprints series and totb. Now just let me say this component was nothing to do with engine tuner, they didn't make it, supply it, nothing! However I wouldn't have been able to run the car properly without it.

So I've already posted it right, then it dawns on me I'm not going to get it back in time to run the car at the weekend doh!
I was discussing some other stuff with Martyn Jeffery from engine tuner, was telling Martyn about my situation. Next thing he offers to lend me the exact same component from his own personal drag car!
Wow! I was really surprised and taken back by this. Well sure enough the next day it arrived up in Yorkshire, sent from Plymouth. Got it fitted and did my weekends racing.

Any way since then it turns out the item I have sent of to be inspected and repaired is fine, so I'll have to look s bit further into my problem.

But obviously the main point of this post is to not only say thank you to Martyn, but to tell you and show you how good an outfit Engine Tuner are!
Seriously, lending components of your own personal competition car in order to get someone through a weekends racing! I am extremely grateful for this and cannot thank Martyn enough
What a top class outfit these guys are!
Highly recommended

Last edited by joe v3sti; 28 July 2015 at 07:52 AM.
Old 29 July 2015, 08:32 AM
WokaImp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't beat great service!
You're meeting all the right very friendly helpful people by the sounds of it.
Didn't you get lent 2 drive shafts a few weeks back as well?

Out of interest, what component was it? Or is that a secret?

How was the racing?
Old 29 July 2015, 05:49 PM
James159
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet. It's great to hear stories about companies like that. Glad they got it all sorted for you.

Missed TOTB at weekend, but it seemed to be a top day by all accounts until the bad weather came along early afternoon?
Old 08 August 2015, 06:46 PM
S204Darren
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fair play Joe it's nice to see someone being praised and thanked for doing something good rather than posts just about what people are not doing right. Also says a lot about the chap who helped you out I hope he is rewarded with some extra business from the chaps on here.

Last edited by S204Darren; 09 August 2015 at 07:56 AM.
Old 08 August 2015, 11:57 PM
TimH
Orange Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you sorted the underlying problem yet, Joe?
Old 09 August 2015, 12:48 AM
joe v3sti
Scooby Regular

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Hiya tim no I haven't mate, I suspect it must be something on the Ecu mate as everything else is in full working order. I've checked and double checked stuff, but I'm struggling to find time with work commitments at the moment.
Also thank you for your amazing service mate and continued support. Not that there was ever an issue with your product, none the less you pulled out all the stops in helping me investigate.

He we have yet another fantastic trader, who continues to priovide us with great product and equally great service and aftercare