A11CRX/EN53HJE Does anyone know this car

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2015, 03:32 PM
andy_s37
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A11CRX/EN53HJE Does anyone know this car

Good afternoon,
Its been a while but I'm looking to get back into a scoob after a few years away. I've seen a 2003(53) STI blob in a garage not too far from home and been and test driven it. It seems pretty tight and has had a few mods. From what I can see its had an exhaust, air intake, the boost solonoid has been replaced with an aftermarket one, it has rear alloy drop links and looks to have an anti-lift kit fitted. There may be other things I havent spotted.

I'd like to know if anyone has any experience of this car good and bad. I've come away to have a think about what I want to do regarding the p/x theyve offered me and ask the wisened folk of Scoobynet for info. The dealer couldnt really provide much paperwork which made me have reservations.

thanks.
Old 26 April 2015, 03:50 PM
riiidaa
Scooby Regular

if there's no info on who's remapped it...........
Old 26 April 2015, 03:56 PM
TypeR99
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lack of paperwork and it requiring a map check would be negotiation points.
Old 26 April 2015, 04:14 PM
andy_s37
Scooby Regular

The advert said that it had FSH but from what I can see its not. I did a bit of internet searching and found the previous owner on Facebook (felt like a bloody stalker, but needs must...) I've sent him a message but not had a reply yet but maybe he does not go on it much. The dealer said he was waiting on more paperwork from the previous owner with regards to the private reg that's on it. I asked him to ring the guy and find out more info, he claims hes going to do it tomorrow. I like the car ,there are a few bits of tidying up required but I like doing stuff like that, the dealer has put my wife off though so that might now be a stumbling block. Time will tell.
Old 26 April 2015, 04:30 PM
TypeR99
Scooby Regular

What price is it up for?

Based on what you've said so far, and that theres several for sale if you look around it sounds like its one to walk away from, based on the seller more than the car.

If the price reflects the lack of history and theres enough room to negotiate you needing a map/tweek/check, cambelt change etc then it may be a bargain but all depends what your budget is etc
Old 26 April 2015, 05:41 PM
andy_s37
Scooby Regular

It's up for £8k with 58k miles on it. It was advertised with FSH which is why I drove the hour to look at it. He's offered me £7k for my car which is about the going rate from what I've seen. There's probably no wiggle room on the price because I negotiated the p/x price up. I've had previous scoob mapped by Andrew Carr so would probably take it to him for checking out etc. However once I've factored that in with the cambelt I reckon I can write off £1500. It's the low milage that drew me to it.
Old 26 April 2015, 06:12 PM
TypeR99
Scooby Regular

sounds like he's VERY keen to get shot if he's giving you 7k px

Mileage isnt everything, in a lot of cases a low mileage car that spends most of its life as an expensive ornament often has more issues than one thats regularly used and maintained. 58k on a 12 year old car is less than 5k a year so it should have had 2x cambelt changes and at least 10 services in that time.
Old 26 April 2015, 06:25 PM
andy_s37
Scooby Regular

My car is a BMW 525d Msport with 83k on the clock and FSH so the £7k is about right. I'm going to see if I can get any more info off the previous owner but in the mean time I'm going to put my car on autotrader so I have to option to buy private if it sells.
Old 26 April 2015, 07:16 PM
Superbracey
Scooby Regular

I put this car in the "Was it you?" section a few weeks ago. I used to see the car going round Ormskirk and it was that car that made my decision to buy a blobeye in blue with gold wheels.

When I got my WRX, occasionally A11 CRX would pass me in the opposite direction or pop up in my rear view mirror. The owner obviously lived near to me and a quick bit of Googling to see if he was on any of the forums confirmed this.

I don't know the owner, I've never spoken to him but he had that same reg on a lovely white Integra DC2 prior to the Impreza. And before that it was on an early CRX that I remember seeing around (possibly where he got the reg from, although it wasn't an '84 CRX).

As I say, I never got to speak to the owner, but given the types of cars I saw him driving he was definitely a petrol head and a bit of a connoisseur.
He always drove sensibly when I saw him. 30mph in a 30, 20mph in a 20 and I never saw the car getting ragged, redlined or raped. If you're spending £8k on a car I wouldn't expect my ramblings on here to reassure you about the car's history, I can only say I think he might have chosen the Impreza carefully and looked after it given that he's an 'enthusiast'.

Wonder what he'll have next, cos every car I see that reg - A11 CRX - on, I think "I wouldn't mind one of them".

Last edited by Superbracey; 26 April 2015 at 10:49 PM.
Old 27 April 2015, 09:02 PM
andy_s37
Scooby Regular

I've been and test driven

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...01412269825966

all the paperwork is there but it feels very loose at the back end, the underside looks like it's been parked in a mound of salt,; one of the arches is starting to go (protective trim is missing) and its got unevenly worn tyres. 130 mile round trip and 20 quid for a HPI Check. The hunt goes on.........