Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Euro phobia

Search this Thread

Old 01 October 2016, 11:04 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Euro phobia

Ok,brexit fine,however, as a UK resident,I love the Germans,the French,the Spanish,the Greeks,the Polish,Croatians etc etc..

WW2 long gone. One embarrassed nation who in my view were simply too scared (fairly.lol) of a nutter.

STILL it rumbles on.'the Germans', the French didn't do this etc ( they did).

Time to get over the jokes.All of our European friends are great,wonderful people.Its the politicians who ruin the people.

How does everyone else feel about 'other countries' ? to me ,we are just the same.Just some of us cook a lot better.lol
Old 01 October 2016, 11:04 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

And that's not British cooks!
Old 02 October 2016, 08:24 AM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lozgti1
How does everyone else feel about 'other countries' ? to me ,we are just the same.Just some of us cook a lot better.lol
Thing is a good portion of the leave vote was won by the us and them anti foreigner argument.
Old 02 October 2016, 11:53 AM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Im half German and half English(dad is English/mom German) and I lived the first 7 years of my life in Germany while my dad was in the armed forces, So I cant be classed as a racist English man who hates all foreigners. But this is my take on Europeans/Immigration:

I voted leave Europe as I felt that because of the free movement of people We(The UK) was having most people from a lot of the Eastern European countries(Romania, Bulgaria, Albania) coming here to work or in some cases help themselves to our benefits system, its funny as most of the well off countries who have a good way of life like France/Germany/Spain/Italy we didn't have a influx of people from them countries, it was the poorer countries that the people come from to find a better life(unfortunately for how small our country is we cant have everyone, and there are plenty of people born here who need help(disabled, armed forces, OAP, homeless)

Now I dont have a problem with people coming to our country if they are willing to give something to our society(Indian doctors, African nurses etc as the NHS needs these people), but I work a lot around London and I see a lot of Eastern Europeans begging, cleaning car windows at traffic lights(Not paying tax) hanging outside building stores such as Selco builders warehouse, B&Q etc so they can get some work on the side for cash(again pay NO tax) and basically drinking/smoking outside off-licences it seems.

Now I dont think most people have got problems with Germans/French/Spanish etc, but when it come to vote "leave", most had the poorer European countries who take advantage of the free movement and our benefits system who dont make any contribution to our society are the people we dont want in our country, and personally I hope we take back our borders and control immigration as I dont want it to end up like the countries that they are leaving behind because there is no work, no benefits, and no money!!
Old 02 October 2016, 12:11 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm still so ****ing angry about this ****ty referendum, I hope at least half of the people who voted out realise they've made a mistake, if not we have no hope.

Give it a decade and Brexit British willl be trying to get into Europe to find jobs.

If Donald Trump wins in the US we can return the crown for the dumbest citizens.
Old 02 October 2016, 01:49 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
Im half German and half English(dad is English/mom German) and I lived the first 7 years of my life in Germany while my dad was in the armed forces, So I cant be classed as a racist English man who hates all foreigners. But this is my take on Europeans/Immigration:

I voted leave Europe as I felt that because of the free movement of people We(The UK) was having most people from a lot of the Eastern European countries(Romania, Bulgaria, Albania) coming here to work or in some cases help themselves to our benefits system, its funny as most of the well off countries who have a good way of life like France/Germany/Spain/Italy we didn't have a influx of people from them countries, it was the poorer countries that the people come from to find a better life(unfortunately for how small our country is we cant have everyone, and there are plenty of people born here who need help(disabled, armed forces, OAP, homeless)

Now I dont have a problem with people coming to our country if they are willing to give something to our society(Indian doctors, African nurses etc as the NHS needs these people), but I work a lot around London and I see a lot of Eastern Europeans begging, cleaning car windows at traffic lights(Not paying tax) hanging outside building stores such as Selco builders warehouse, B&Q etc so they can get some work on the side for cash(again pay NO tax) and basically drinking/smoking outside off-licences it seems.

Now I dont think most people have got problems with Germans/French/Spanish etc, but when it come to vote "leave", most had the poorer European countries who take advantage of the free movement and our benefits system who dont make any contribution to our society are the people we dont want in our country, and personally I hope we take back our borders and control immigration as I dont want it to end up like the countries that they are leaving behind because there is no work, no benefits, and no money!!
Thing is this isn't the fault of the EU, it's ultimately a fault of our benefit system. There are plenty of other EU countries they could go to but everyone chooses here on the basis they know they'll get what they ask for.
Old 02 October 2016, 02:00 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

And of course every native man women and child here never works on black
Old 02 October 2016, 04:14 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Ok,brexit fine,however, as a UK resident,I love the Germans,the French,the Spanish,the Greeks,the Polish,Croatians etc etc..

WW2 long gone. One embarrassed nation who in my view were simply too scared (fairly.lol) of a nutter.

Time to get over the jokes.All of our European friends are great,wonderful people.Its the politicians who ruin the people.

You're a good guy for not having Euro phobia. All you have is Gypsy phobia, that's all.

I think some German people can be quite attractive; even some German men. Both Germany coach and Liverpool coach (who's German by his race) are living examples of that. Liverpool coach dresses a bit rough but the other one is a bit too catwalk hence OTT. In any case, both are interesting and lively personalities. That's on top of looking good.
Old 02 October 2016, 05:00 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

But Joachim sniffs his genitalia via his fingers. And for all the world to see!

How can such childish and disgusting schoolboy-esque behaviour 'trump' his looks and, otherwise, 'attractiveness'.

Last edited by joz8968; 02 October 2016 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02 October 2016, 05:45 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Yes, ban all jokes. Humour is not allowed in 2016. New EU Directive.

TBF, you have no idea what other countries say about us? And we are famous for our British sense of Humour, so let just carry on as normal. We actually need a new Carry on film to celebrate Brexit and poke even more fun at our little foreign people over there.

"Carry on Brexit". Nigel Farage can play Sid James's usual character.

Just a shame Bernard Manning is dead. He'd have been perfect in that.
Old 02 October 2016, 07:09 PM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JackClark
I'm still so ****ing angry about this ****ty referendum, I hope at least half of the people who voted out realise they've made a mistake, if not we have no hope.

Give it a decade and Brexit British willl be trying to get into Europe to find jobs.

If Donald Trump wins in the US we can return the crown for the dumbest citizens.
Old 03 October 2016, 12:54 AM
Uncle Creepy
Scooby Regular

I'm still so ****ing angry about this ****ty referendum
It's called democracy. Get over it!

Good news: Theresa May has confirmed we will invoke Article 50 by March 2017 at the latest.
Old 03 October 2016, 07:57 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Aww bless, the people blaming their future misfortune on Brexit. Much like those today that blame everything wrong in their life on situation, circumstances or anything or anyone but themselves.

Anyone who blames others for their own downfall deserves everything they get. And this is from a IN voter...negative thinking gets you nowhere.

Last edited by ALi-B; 03 October 2016 at 08:00 AM.
Old 03 October 2016, 08:47 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

So I don't have a right to be pissed off with the bull**** referendum and it's result, I have to suck it up because the in side didn't bull**** enough. And it won't be my downfall, I'm fine, I'm thinking about everyone else.
Old 03 October 2016, 09:03 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Aww bless, the people blaming their future misfortune on Brexit. Much like those today that blame everything wrong in their life on situation, circumstances or anything or anyone but themselves.

Anyone who blames others for their own downfall deserves everything they get. And this is from a IN voter...negative thinking gets you nowhere.
What about the future of our country? Some people aren't myopic.
Old 03 October 2016, 09:07 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

I do suspect a fair quantity outers have fallen for the the eastern European stereotype outlined by scoobyboy

Whereas the truth isn't nearly so colorful. Place girlfriend works is full Romanian / Hungarian - funnily enough, all paying their taxes.

Last edited by dpb; 03 October 2016 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03 October 2016, 10:17 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

somewhat ironic then that the whole thrust of the Brexiteers WAS blaming everyone for their own problems
Old 03 October 2016, 10:32 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

They can go back blaming it on the out of touch tories now
Old 03 October 2016, 11:57 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by joz8968
But Joachim sniffs his genitalia via his fingers. And for all the world to see!

How can such childish and disgusting schoolboy-esque behaviour 'trump' his looks and, otherwise, 'attractiveness'.

Yes, this is true that his primitive, ape-like act caught on camera is a blemish on his neat-and-tidy reputation, but it doesn't fog the shine of his good looks and his nice personality. I say nice personality because he's very playful and jovial with his team and reasonably responsive to the journalists. There's no way anyone would replace him for Alex Ferguson lookalikes; just because he unawarely did that disgusting thing in public.

To be fair, all people in general do many primitive things, in their private lives- behind closed doors. Just because Jogi got caught doing such thing on the camera and in public doesn't mean he's the only one doing that sort of thing. We see people p7ssing in public under influence, people on Scoobynet getting carried away on the internet and shamelessly talking crude like some chest-thumping baboons; even without them being under any influence! So, Jogi also simply got carried away under stress and did what he did; in public. He already has a reputation of picking his nose in public; a disgusting practice, practised by many Jo Bloggs gentlemen out there. Even that never became a big stain on his rep because he's generally a cool character.

Last edited by Turbohot; 03 October 2016 at 12:02 PM.
Old 03 October 2016, 12:34 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
...people on Scoobynet getting carried away on the internet and shamelessly talking crude like some chest-thumping baboons...
Old 03 October 2016, 01:12 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by JTaylor

Somehow I doubt the UK will turn in a Syrian wasteland

Myopic?

Grow up!
Old 03 October 2016, 01:17 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
somewhat ironic then that the whole thrust of the Brexiteers WAS blaming everyone for their own problems
Exactly; These types of people exist on both sides.

It'd be "myopic" to think otherwise.

Last edited by ALi-B; 03 October 2016 at 01:18 PM.
Old 03 October 2016, 01:21 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Somehow I doubt the UK will turn in a Syrian wasteland

Myopic?

Grow up!
The country doesn't have to become a "Syrian wasteland" in order to be less well-off and on the wrong side of history, Ali.
Old 03 October 2016, 01:31 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by joz8968

Forgot to add that not just the ladies but even men find Jogi's metrosexual looks appealing, and Mr. Klopps has a large following by men. Even straight men find themselves weak in their knees at his sighting. I blame his perfect set of Sensodyne teeth for it. When Mr. Klopps smiles, nearly all his teeth become visible, and the visibility of such hits most men (straight, gay, Bi- whatever) like the lightening strikes the earth! Quality professional talent, good looks and charismatic personality characteristics combined together. Makes an attractive bundle, let's face it.

Last edited by Turbohot; 03 October 2016 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03 October 2016, 01:54 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

... Plus smelly nads, don't forget.
Old 03 October 2016, 01:54 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

LOL
Old 03 October 2016, 02:21 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Exactly; These types of people exist on both sides.

It'd be "myopic" to think otherwise.
well that maybe so

I don't think I have seen any examples of people blaming their current issues etc on Brexit

and people are still allowed to point out the folly - if that's what they think

after all we had 30 years of it from the leavers (after a referendum to stay in)

or are you saying all the people who voted in should simply shut up - unlike the leavers

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 03 October 2016 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03 October 2016, 03:13 PM
Uncle Creepy
Scooby Regular

So I don't have a right to be pissed off with the bull**** referendum and it's result, I have to suck it up because the in side didn't bull**** enough.
No more so than any voter has the right to feel annoyed when the party for whom they vote in a general election doesn't win the election. Like I said, it's called democracy. You didn't get the outcome you wanted, but not everybody can in a democratic voting system. I didn't vote Conservative at the last election, but I'm not stomping my feet because I'm ruled by a Conservative government.

Oh, and the Remain camp bull******* just as much as the Leave camp, don't kid yourself.

Joker.

The country doesn't have to become a "Syrian wasteland" in order to be less well-off
After 40-odd years of being in the EU, the UK has an annual deficit of £70 billion and national debt is at £1.5 trillion (more prudent measures have it closer to £4 billion).

We're so well-off, aren't we!?... Well and truly flourishing! But not as well-off as Greece and Portugal; EU membership has done wonders for them.
Old 03 October 2016, 03:39 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Uncle Creepy
No more so than any voter has the right to feel annoyed when the party for whom they vote in a general election doesn't win the election. Like I said, it's called democracy. You didn't get the outcome you wanted, but not everybody can in a democratic voting system. I didn't vote Conservative at the last election, but I'm not stomping my feet because I'm ruled by a Conservative government.

Oh, and the Remain camp bull******* just as much as the Leave camp, don't kid yourself.

Joker.

After 40-odd years of being in the EU, the UK has an annual deficit of £70 billion and national debt is at £1.5 trillion (more prudent measures have it closer to £4 billion).

We're so well-off, aren't we!?... Well and truly flourishing! But not as well-off as Greece and Portugal; EU membership has done wonders for them.
You have only a superficial understanding of economics. As with everything, a little knowledge is dangerous.
Old 03 October 2016, 03:44 PM
Uncle Creepy
Scooby Regular

And as usual, you have no idea what you're talking about!

Quick Reply: Euro phobia